video card overheating?

Geffest

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hello , i got some issues with my new gtx560 ti when im playing games like league of legends or something like that i can play without any problems hours and hours but everytime i try to play video game which takes more resources fans inside computer box goes crazy temps getting over 80 celcius so fast and just increasing (never tried to reach maximum) few times i played better game i got bsod. P.S my pc is clean there's no dust or cats inside.

Solution
It sounds like you may need to RMA the card but I can't help further long distance very easily. Contact the card manufacturer's TECH SUPPORT.

Geffest

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

League of legends working fine playing it every day like 3 4 hours no problems. Tried to play cs go twice both times got bsod after fans inside box got insanely loud, today tried new game called "aura kingdom" even on login screen temps got from 36c~ to 80 maybe in 2 minutes fan speed on msi afterburner usually 40-55~ it went to 80+ also...

Just to be CLEAR, is it the GPU or CPU temperature that is getting really high?

If your fan noise is increasing at the same time as you get the BSOD then it seems fairly likely it's your graphics card cooling that is the issue.

Do THIS:
1) Download the software for your graphics card that allows you to change the CLOCK SPEED.

2) Drop it 200MHz below maximum (i.e. 800MHz if 1000MHz normally) and see if that becomes stable. If so, increase the frequency in 50MHz intervals and drop to the last stable frequency once it crashes again.

Geffest

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

gpu chcked that that on msi after burner which allows me to do what you just said will try later and post the results thanks.

Geffest

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

nothing changed gpu temps getting over 80 celcius like in 30seconds and fan speed almost reaching max when im trying to play something (tried to set core clock from 880 to 680 and memory clock from 1800 to 1600)

Weird.
So the graphics card fans are speeding up, but things still crash at 680MHz. Unless one fan isn't working (look and see) and the other fan is trying to compensate but can't quite do it I'm stumped.

If you have a different PC you can borrow to test that would help.

Or, if you can borrow another card to test things (preferably the same or more power usage to rule out a defective power supply).

If another card works in YOUR system, or your card works in a DIFFERENT system that indicates the issue is your card. If so, RMA it if possible though it's likely past warranty.

Geffest

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

i dont have better vga to test it got another pc but im afiraid to try this vga since psu is less powerfull there and i dont know much about that... Also i realised that my card heating from some kind of objects etc today i played one game temps were like from 60-to80~ that pretty much okey but when i saw water detail in that game temps went instantly 90 celcius+ if i move my character from the water temps goes back to normal ^^

Geffest

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
yea i wrote to msi forums they said it could be dusty fans or thermal paste problems i opened my card fans were a bit dusty made few photos of thermal paste contacts , they said its too much of paste there going to try renew it tommorow if it doesnt help idk going just to throw this card away since there's not much to do with her. I had 3 year guarantee for my old gtx460 but when it crashed they replaced that with gtx560 even THAT card was bad my drivers were crashing on every game i returned them that like on the last month they gave my this... well atleast drivers are not crashing but cant play anything what i should play without any problems. Thanks for your assistance ^^

TRENDING THREADS