Video Card Price Drop?

ChrisLudwig

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2001
Video Card Price Drop?

Does anyone have the word on when video cards are going to experience a price drop?
I’m wanting to get a FX5950, but $400+ for a game card! Not in this life…

I’ve heard rumors about big price drops, I’m wondering if any of you have heard anything.

Vimp

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2003
Once you see a new generation of graphics cards hitting the market then you can expect a price drop soon afterward.

<font color=blue>_____________________________________</font color=blue>
Canada
Asus A7N8X-X, Athelon XP 2500+ Barton,
Samsung 1024mb DDR400, Creative Geforce2 GTS.
Aquamark=<b>8041</b>

I think you're going to be very dissappointed.

The NEXT GEN from nV will blow their current stuff out of the water, and is likely to do serious damage to the older ATIs (R3XX) as well. The best bet would be to wait, but likely what will be left will give you unappealing results when compared to what is out, especially when shader performance is compared.

Look for awesome deals on the FX5900 series of cards, that will likely be your best bet overall. Likely the rebate on the FX5950 will be minor in comparison to performance differences between the two series.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

pauldh

Illustrious
well aren't you politically correct. Pushing the FX5900 when you really wanted to say R9800Pro. :wink:

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

LOL! Somewhat true.

Well, if someone's got their heart set on an FX in this day and age, I've learned to just try and help them make a 'wise' FX decision. :evil:

Some people have issues with ATI, and I just don't have the energy at work to bother explaining anything or arguing with them. So the FX5900 ain't terrible, but likely the FX5950 will never be worth the money for someone looking for a 'deal'.

And yes I would recommend the ATIs under most circumstances, I just got the feeling that that would fall on deaf ears here. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
u guys are all blinded fanATics!!!!! @@ maybe except Grape~ but Grape, YOU STILL SUCK FOR BEATING ME ALL THE TIME *cries*

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
never tried to go crazy when it comes to o/cing.
THGC's resident Asian and Graphics Forum's resident nVboy :D