video card problem. gtx 780 zotac amp.

chris alca

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
my video card is not appearing in device manager and nvidia driver not detecting it. but its displaying as standard graphics. it has 6 pin and 8 pin but its connected in psu. what seems to be the problem? my psu? or vcard problem?
CPU SPECS:
i7 3770
8gb ram
psu 800w with 12v 24amps and 12v 21 amps

thank you GOD BLESS

ZOTAC Staff

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

Hi Chris,

Please try completely removing your old graphics drivers by running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then reinstalling the drivers directly from NVIDIA's website.

DDU - http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

For further troubleshooting assistance, please contact our support team by emailing support.us@zotac.com or using the live chat by clicking on the green "live help" button at www.zotac.com/support.

Sincerely,

ZOTAC

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
check in bios when boot you boot to videocard & disable integrated graphics in you bios i just had the same issue earlier when i finshed my step sons desktop stuck my videocard in powered it on before i when i should of gone into my bios & disabled integrated to get my nvidia to register in device manager

chris alca

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016

i already tried. i also tried replace the with my low end vcard and it automatically installed the card in the taskbar appearing. when i restarted it, it shows a installed vcard with driver and a max resolution. but my gtx 780 wont auto install or even manually instal the driver. it says no compatible hardware detected. i do some research and they said its the psu underpowered, but i have no idea if its true.

ZOTAC Staff

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

Hi Chris,

Please try completely removing your old graphics drivers by running Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) and then reinstalling the drivers directly from NVIDIA's website.

DDU - http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

For further troubleshooting assistance, please contact our support team by emailing support.us@zotac.com or using the live chat by clicking on the green "live help" button at www.zotac.com/support.

Sincerely,

ZOTAC

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS