Video Card Problems. Help Needed.

VeggieX

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
I am unsure really what is going on. I have an EVGA GTX 285 2gb, Core i7 920, 12gb DDR3 1600 and a 750w PSU. Just starting today I started having lots of problems. From Nvidia driver crashes to videos and games becoming big jumbled messes and crashing. I have cleared drivers, reinstalled drivers, tried older drivers and cleaned out the card of all dust. SpeedFan says the card is running at 50c idle. I have no clue what is wrong but it is bothering me greatly. Since messing with the drivers I no longer get driver crashes but everything else persists.

Shortly after posting this my drivers crashed and recovered.

Can anyone help me with my problem.

Solution

I doubt if it helps,because in almost all problems i have seen regarding the "Display has stopped working..." has lead the users to RMA it or get a newer card.

VeggieX

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
When the drivers crash or a game crashes, yes. They don't always crash when watching videos sometimes the video just gets all grey, green and choppy. Its weird though, watching a video on VLC doesn't go bad at all. Even 1080p videos.

I doubt if it helps,because in almost all problems i have seen regarding the "Display has stopped working..." has lead the users to RMA it or get a newer card.

Solution