video card question

Is it possible to installa video caed in my preserio S4000nx?
It has on board sound and on board video
I have an extra card from an old computer but I dont see a slot where it
will fit.
Any comments will be appreciated . Thanks
fougie@accesswave.ca

hh

Most likely all you have are PCI slots. You would need a PCI video card.
HH

"mfougie" <fougie@accesswave.ca> wrote in message
> Is it possible to installa video caed in my preserio S4000nx?
> It has on board sound and on board video
> I have an extra card from an old computer but I dont see a slot where
it
> will fit.
> Any comments will be appreciated . Thanks
> fougie@accesswave.ca

"mfougie" <fougie@accesswave.ca> wrote in

> Is it possible to installa video caed in my preserio S4000nx?
> It has on board sound and on board video
> I have an extra card from an old computer but I dont see a slot
> where it will fit.

I had mixed results trying to do this on my Presario 5000T. The new card
worked fine, but slowed my web browsing down to a crawl. It seemed to
affect or conflict with the modem somehow.

I tried 2 different cards, and they both did the same thing.

mfougie wrote:
> Is it possible to installa video caed in my preserio S4000nx?
> It has on board sound and on board video
> I have an extra card from an old computer but I dont see a slot where it
> will fit.
> Any comments will be appreciated . Thanks
> fougie@accesswave.ca

All newer video cards are wireless 802.11wtf-compliant. Just put the
card anywhere in that case, secure it with duct or scotch tape and fire
your PC up. Voila! [j/k]

Ok, seriously. If you "dont see a slot where it will fit" then you
probably can't use the extra card. If you do have some open slots, they
are probably PCI, in which case you would need a PCI video card.

--
cK