Question Video Card Suggestions

Csunderland03

Honorable
Mar 20, 2017
Looking to get a replacement video card. I currently have EVGA Gtx 1080 ftw acx 3.0. My mobo is asus rog strix z270 LGA1151. Gamer/video editor.

Any help is appreciated.

So what resolution are you targeting?

How many displays are you using and what will the refresh rate of said displays be?

What is your current exact PSU model.

What is your budget for a new card and possibly for a new PSU as well if your current one is either too old or not good enough quality?

What are the rest of your hardware specs?

I'm using EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti. It is very affordable with DVI-I, HDMI, Display Port. You can use EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti.

Are you intentionally trying to get banned for being a troll? I'm just asking, honestly, because making a recommendation for a 750 TI when a guy already has a GTX 1080 is how you get me to ban you for being a troll. I assure you, it can happen. But maybe you're not trying to do that so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Sep 6, 2019
Are you intentionally trying to get banned for being a troll? I'm just asking, honestly, because making a recommendation for a 750 TI when a guy already has a GTX 1080 is how you get me to ban you for being a troll. I assure you, it can happen. But maybe you're not trying to do that so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, for now.

Frind I am a student and I can't afford expensive gaming equipment That is why I am using GeForce GTX 750Ti. And it is good graphic card with the prize. And trolling is not in my hand because people alway target weak prey. Thank you

Sep 6, 2019
So what resolution are you targeting?

How many displays are you using and what will the refresh rate of said displays be?

What is your current exact PSU model.

What is your budget for a new card and possibly for a new PSU as well if your current one is either too old or not good enough quality?

What are the rest of your hardware specs?

I have a single screen setup but i think that is enough for me as a gamer as I am using BenQ EX3501R. it has a refresh rate of 100Hz that is enough for smooth and ultra-wide gaming experience.

Well if you ask me about how much you should invest in a good GPU then I'd say, it depends. It depends on how avid gamer you are and what are your preferences.

Sigh. Ok, so this thread isn't about you Mark. It's about the OP. Let's stick to that and let's be REAL about one thing. Nobody who currently has a GTX 1080 is interested in suggestions about cards of the caliber you are recommending. Please, either make recommendations that make sense based on the criteria of the thread, or simply refrain from answering if that is not possible for you to do. Thanks.

Sep 6, 2019
Sigh. Ok, so this thread isn't about you Mark. It's about the OP. Let's stick to that and let's be REAL about one thing. Nobody who currently has a GTX 1080 is interested in suggestions about cards of the caliber you are recommending. Please, either make recommendations that make sense based on the criteria of the thread, or simply refrain from answering if that is not possible for you to do. Thanks.

I understand that the thread is not about me and I believe the thread is not about anyone else as well. Everyone tries to pitch in their experiences regarding multiple events and I was confident that my recommendation would suit the user. Also, the user mentioned (any help is appreciated)

By all means I tried my best to help the user thinking for his benefit.

Either ways lets agree to disagree.

I understand that the thread is not about me and I believe the thread is not about anyone else as well. Everyone tries to pitch in their experiences regarding multiple events and I was confident that my recommendation would suit the user. Also, the user mentioned (any help is appreciated)

By all means I tried my best to help the user thinking for his benefit.

Either ways lets agree to disagree.
The thread is about OP (Csunderland03) that in his first post asks about a replacement card from a GTX 1080 to something better for gaming and video editing.
You made it about you when you started trolling (there is no way you are not).

Back to topic.
Of course we need to know what PSU you have and at what resolution / Hz you are looking to play.
Since you already have a 1080 I am gonna assume you have a decent PSU. If that is the case, anything below a 2080 will not be a significant upgrade. Actually a 2070 has almost the same performance with a 1080.
That leaves you with 2 options essentially. 2080 and 2080ti. Both are expensive cards that in my opinion do not make them a good replacement when you consider the performance/cost ratio.

Reactions: Beowolfbreko
Yeah, don't........do that. Always verify. I've seen people here with an 8700k and a 1080 TI running off a 600w green label CX unit. And then insist it's fine. And then a month or so later back here trying to figure out why their system is doing whatever it was doing.
You are right. It's actually the first time that I did not verify. I wanted to answer to the topic question and was carried away by the troll.
I shouldn't have done that.
Will continue to verify from now on.