[SOLVED] Video card upgrade

Jan 22, 2021
Hi,

Looking for some help. I currently have a XFX Core Edition R9-270A-CNFC Radeon R9 270 video card.
Rest of system is:

ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX Motherboard
AMD FX-6300Six Core Processor
8.00 GB RAM

I play some games like Diablo III but mostly I am interested in Video performance. I have 2 monitors and usually have multiple video streams going at once, plus will have a video editor open at the same time.

I sometimes get a green screen, especially in a browser that is streaming video, and sometimes I get a full black screen. I think this is likely the video card being pushed too hard? I have the latest drivers but that didn't seem to help, actually might have made it a bit worse...

I think it is probably time to upgrade this card. I am on a budget so was hoping to find a newer card that can handle what I need for maybe $250 range?

Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Solution
Truthfully, it looks like it's time for a whole new system.
Multiple video streams, video editors, and gaming - all at the same time, is probably pushing your CPU as much as your GPU. You also may be running out of RAM. Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) in the background for at least 30 mins, while you game, stream, and video edit. Check the log file to get an idea what components you are pushing to their limits.
Multiple video streams, video editors, and gaming - all at the same time, is probably pushing your CPU as much as your GPU. You also may be running out of RAM. Run HWiNFO64 (sensors only, logging on) in the background for at least 30 mins, while you game, stream, and video edit. Check the log file to get an idea what components you are pushing to their limits.

Reactions: CarolMartin
Solution
Jan 22, 2021

I was afraid someone was going to say that lol...

Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS