Video Controller (vga compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustee11

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
Sup Fellow Gamers? I Need your expertise. I need to find and install the VGA Controller (vga compatible) for WinXP SP3 on a rig I built. I had to reload windows and the XP disc didn't load this driver for some reason. I have an EVGA GTX 560 and my rig won't load the drivers for it. It gives me the missing Video Controller error. Please help. Thanx and Live Large!

Solution
What exactly happens when you try to install the drivers? What is yoru system specs, especially the power supply. You have all power plugs connected to the video card?

rustee11

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
I did that Frisbie. It won't let me load the Nvidia Drivers. When I put the 9800 GT Akimbo in the case. I get a clear screen but I can't load the drivers for the Video Card.

When I put the GTX 560 in, I get a garbled screen.

Frustrated and not understanding at all here.

I think I am going to have to reload windows (winxp) and just let the machine do a clean install. also, I am considering a motherboard upgrade. tell me, it it better to get a MOBO with on board video for backup or no?

rustee11

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
I installed all updates and reinstalled the driivers and reseated the gpu. I am running winxp with a corsair 750 watt psu. 4 gb of ram. amd athlon x2 6000+ 3.11 ghz cpu. i believe i am going to have to reinstall windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.