Video doesn't stream with SP2

I have a media center pc that I upgraded to SP2. When I try to stream a video
now it asks to save or open and if I choose open then it downloads it to the
temp directory before playing it. I used to get it to play WHILE it was
downloading it to the temp directory. Is this no longer possible?

mo

Same problem here and never found a way to fix it. I just went back to
version #9. Spent about a week trying to get an answere and no luck. All I
found was that it might be a security "fix" so that virus's etc can be
checked first before playing.