Video driver keeps crashing (screen stopped responding). Please help me!

farelien

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Hello guys.

So this problem really annoys me for the past weeks. I've been trying to fix my computer that the screen keeps crashing every few minutes (while in normal mode, in safe mode its safe) - so I'm guessing its the video card/driver problem.

To let you know that a few weeks ago I was playing counter-strike when all of a sudden my screen turned to purple and blueish, it's weird. And I still got half of the screen of me playing the CS, then it recovered back, and then turned to purple and blue again. I don't know what the heck is going on right there. I tried to restart the PC, all of a sudden after I logged in just before I come to the desktop it crashed (I can notice by the repeating sound if it crash).

I tried to start with safe mode and it works just fine. After a few weeks, today, I tried to clean reinstall my windows 7 64bit. And then install the driver back, I was happy that it was finally working...FOR A FEW MINUTES. Every few minutes the screen stopped responding. (sometimes its black or blue).

Oh yeah, this is some of the pictures I took in case it might be important:

I don't know what is going on with these...strange...

20141223_130350_resized.jpg

20141223_130351_resized.jpg

I started the windows for a few minutes:

20141223_130432_resized.jpg

BAM! It crashed (sometimes blue screen - not the actual blue screen with that texts, but PLAIN BLUE SCREEN)

20141223_130457_resized.jpg
[/url][/img]

I'm really sorry for the long posts, I'm trying to post everything I know about this and I hope you can fix my problem. :( Thanks a lot.

I really appreciate your answers!

farelien

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

No, there isn't any dust that big.. Do you mean I should try reassemble the video card?

I'm sorry to ask but why should I perform such actions? Does it has something to do with the physic of my computer?

farelien

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

After I reinstall, it shows me the desktop with only recycle bin, opened internet explorer because I wanted to download Google Chrome. I opened it for a few seconds and it crashed. Not also Google Chrome, even when I tried to open My Computer as an example, the screen crashed too. But the crash seems not happening if I keep the screen idle (not sure though).

And no, after it crashed it doesn't boot to Windows again. It stopped responding. I had to hard boot.

Can anybody tell me what is going on here? With that strange first and second photo I posted showing unusual words.. (before I clean reinstall this also happens, after I clean install this happen too, so what is the actual problem here? My video card?)

Note: I tried that whocrashedsetup anyway (eventhough it doesn't boot to windows again after crash) and it says no crash dump files found or something like that.

farelien

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
So I tried to clean boot this time with only loading Windows services on startup. It doesn't fix the problem.

20141224_090609_resized.jpg

The monitor works.. but the video driver not..

It was just a plain blueish screen, I waited for 5 minutes for something to happen and, nothing happen.. This really confuse me.

EDIT: Tried to reseat the GPU. Problem still not solved.. This what happens after I tried to reseat the GPU and then start the windows again, and after few seconds:

20141224_100444_resized.jpg

TRENDING THREADS