I updated my video card drivers and the show up in the device manager but not
in the control panel. I'm new to XP but shouldn't they be in the control
panel also? I run a few games on this puter they all work except for one.
Everything else seems to work also. My specs:
Soltek sl75frn2-l w/XP2400
512 mb ram
leadtek fx5600 256mb w/66.81 drivers
2- hd w/ 40gb lots of space left
burner + cdrom

I've removed the devices and tried reinstalling with different drivers but
its always the same. No drivers showing up in the control panel......any info
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chopperdoc

What do you mean by "showing up in the control panel"? Unless the specific
driver has a program to display in the control panel you won't see anything
there.

The only place they should show up are in the device manager or when you
right click on the desktop, left click properties, settings, advanced,
adapter, properties. There you will also see a tab for the driver.

"chopperdoc" <chopperdoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I updated my video card drivers and the show up in the device manager but
not
> in the control panel. I'm new to XP but shouldn't they be in the control
> panel also? I run a few games on this puter they all work except for one.
> Everything else seems to work also. My specs:
> Soltek sl75frn2-l w/XP2400
> 512 mb ram
> leadtek fx5600 256mb w/66.81 drivers
> 2- hd w/ 40gb lots of space left
> burner + cdrom
>
> I've removed the devices and tried reinstalling with different drivers but
> its always the same. No drivers showing up in the control panel......any
info
> would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Chopperdoc

I thought you would have an entry in the control panel to remove video card
drivers as well as programs? I guess I was thinking of the Nvidia software
that gets loaded with the drivers from a CD......Thanks for the memory
jogger. I'm trying to figure out why 1 out of 3 games won't load and run.
Thought I had it pegged.

Chopperdoc

"LVTravel" wrote:

> What do you mean by "showing up in the control panel"? Unless the specific
> driver has a program to display in the control panel you won't see anything
> there.
>
> The only place they should show up are in the device manager or when you
> right click on the desktop, left click properties, settings, advanced,
> adapter, properties. There you will also see a tab for the driver.
>

> "chopperdoc" <chopperdoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I updated my video card drivers and the show up in the device manager but
> not
> > in the control panel. I'm new to XP but shouldn't they be in the control
> > panel also? I run a few games on this puter they all work except for one.
> > Everything else seems to work also. My specs:
> > Soltek sl75frn2-l w/XP2400
> > 512 mb ram
> > leadtek fx5600 256mb w/66.81 drivers
> > 2- hd w/ 40gb lots of space left
> > burner + cdrom
> >
> > I've removed the devices and tried reinstalling with different drivers but
> > its always the same. No drivers showing up in the control panel......any
> info
> > would be appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Chopperdoc

To find Device Manager in Control Panel, click System icon, Hardware
tab.
To find it in My Computer, right click My Computer, select Properties.

Bob