Question Video Encoding + Streaming Upgrade

Oct 24, 2021
youtube.com
I’m trying to figure out if I’m approaching this correctly because I believe this will create a bottleneck in my system.

Presently I have a Ryzen 5 1600 paired with a 1060 3GB.

I’m looking at a Ryzen 7 5700G because I found a certain price point for one. Though I was going to get a Ryzen 9 3900, price just isn’t at the right spot yet.
———
My goal is to have the CPU video encoding gameplay from xsplit because it’s supposed to be a better quality than the Nvidia encoder.

75% of games are going to be PS4/PS5 via cap card.

(I’d only use the Nvidia encoder if I did a stream and record simultaneously.)
———
I know this is going to bottleneck the gpu but I don’t know how bad this is when most of my daily drive for this machine is going to be cap card recording and PowerDirector rendering.

Does it sound like I’m on the right path or am I wasting money while I wait out this chip shortage?

My goal is to have the CPU video encoding gameplay from xsplit because it’s supposed to be a better quality than the Nvidia encoder.
It's better but you need to be taking screen caps and comparing very closely to see even small differences.
It's not worth it.
Have you even tried using your current systems CPU? Although I would be using the 1060 from the get go until I would get a lot of subscribers or whatever it is that makes you money on youtube and if people would start comment that the quality is crap then I would think about what to do.

Oct 24, 2021
youtube.com
I have tried. The system has frozen twice. First time it froze at 4 min. Second time I lowered record to 1080 and it froze at 60 ish min.

Not sure of the root cause because it didn’t produce any errors. Presumably because it froze vs BSOD.

The 1060 was running encoding for twitch. The 1600 was encoding the 4K signal to a 1080 recording. Both at 60fps btw.

I didn’t used to capture this way. So this is new because it was suggested that I buy a face cam. People like to see who they’re watching I guess. But Sony cam for direct recording is ass quality.

Side note, if I do get it to record the full 4K output from the PS5 it’s around a day to render the video. That’s not very productive. So that’s kind of a hidden objective to improve that process time.

Not all my video production is game captures. PowerDirector I think is more cpu heavy. It does have option for Nvidia but based on process time I don’t think it’s both together.