[SOLVED] Video Error When i try to install 750TI

Karim_Eka18

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
i got this 750TI 2GB OC version GV-N75TOC2-2GI GPU from a friend today to replace my GT 710

https://www.gigabyte.com/arabic/Graphics-Card/GV-N75TOC2-2GI#kf

it worked fine with my friend rig ( i5 4th gen - 8GB Ram - 350 W PSU with a 6 PIN for GPU)

iam having 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps ( Video Error ) when i try to get it to work in my build

my Specs

HEC 350TN 2WX Power Supply i think it is the problem not sure ... ( it got no 6 pin and i put a dual molex to 6 pin to operate the GPU)

i3-530 2.9Ghz
8GB DDR3 Ram ... 4+2+2
MSI P55-GD55 (MS-7589) motherboard
2x500Giga Hard Disks
LED strip
2x120mm Fans
GT 710 2 GB GPU this is my previous GPU

My Build works fine with the 710 but when i try to install my 750TI i get the beeps

i tried removing BIOS battery ... reseat the GPU - clean the gpu and the PCIE slots with no luck ... could my PSU damaged the 750TI ? should i get a new PSU ?

Solution
It's always possible for a cheapo PSU to damage parts, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions without evidence. See what happens with the new, hopefully far more competent, PSU.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hard no on using any GPU that requires supplementary power on this PSU. This is real, low-end, hec junk, generally seen in budget prebuilts and it doesn't have PCIE connectors for a reason. I'd be uneasy running 750 Ti under any circumstances on this PSU, but especially not an overclocked one that needs additional power.

Karim_Eka18

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
Hard no on using any GPU that requires supplementary power on this PSU. This is real, low-end, hec junk, generally seen in budget prebuilts and it doesn't have PCIE connectors for a reason. I'd be uneasy running 750 Ti under any circumstances on this PSU, but especially not an overclocked one that needs additional power.
Could the GPU be damaged system booted with the bios error beeps every time i did that like 3 times then i took the GPU out put the 710 back and everything works fine ... it is late now will try the 750TI on other PSu and builds hopefully it is not dead .... gonna get a PSU that can handle it 450W with a 6PIN at least if it still alive

Karim_Eka18

Reputable
Feb 24, 2017
It's always possible for a cheapo PSU to damage parts, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions without evidence. See what happens with the new, hopefully far more competent, PSU.
Used This HEC-500TE-2WX ... a far better with far more power than my X 350 unit it has a 6 pin and a 6+2 pin connectors 2

The 750TI worked but ... it works only in my 2nd PCI-E slot
Gives the same beep code if i tried to put it in the first slot where the GT 710 used to be ... don't know why

at least it worked and the old PSU didn't damage it as i thought

Thanks for help

TRENDING THREADS