Question Video glitches on youtube

Aug 9, 2020
Yesterday I got an RX580 to output 4k video on a 288p Phillips monitor. After messing around with scaling and everything I got to a point where i'm satisfied, but I've come across these weird glitchy green artifacts when fullscreening a 4k video on YT. It does go away alfter a second or so, but it happens most of the times I hit the fullscreen button. The image also gets immediately washed out and a little undersaturaded as soon as I hit play (I'm able to perceive the instant switch in colors). I haven't noticed any other bugs for now, games appear to work just fine and I tried installing 3 different drivers with no result. I did disable hardware acceleration on chrome, and the green stuff went away but I'm not quite happy with the general 'lagging' and stutteriness of the browser after that. Any advice on how to overcome it? I'm using a high speed HDMI cable, which I already swapped for another one still with no luck. DP is not an option right now, as I won't be able to get ahold of a cable to test it until next week. I was able to capture the green glitches on video, so I could provide an imgur link with an example, if allowed by the forums rules. Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
288p Phillips monitor
Model for your Philips monitor...?

What GPU were you using prior to the RX580? Make and model of the PSU and it's age? If your power delivery is more than adequate, then you should use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers and manually install the latest found off of AMD's support site.

Manually install drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Aug 9, 2020
288p Phillips monitor
Model for your Philips monitor...?

What GPU were you using prior to the RX580? Make and model of the PSU and it's age? If your power delivery is more than adequate, then you should use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers and manually install the latest found off of AMD's support site.

Manually install drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Complete model for the monitor is 288P6LJ.
I was using an ancient Geforce 9600GT previously, had to downscale the 4k video to 1080p in order to get 60hz. Got a pretty new PSU, Thermaltake's Smart 600w 80 plus. I'll try installing the newest drivers as an Administrator, but I believe my current version is already the newest. Thanks for chiming in though. I've been runnig some benchmarks and everything seems to be up to standards. I'll try and see if I get the same glitches on another browser, maybe it's some weird compatibility issues on Chrome.

ASK THE COMMUNITY