VIDEO: Half-Life Fan Creates Impressive Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
The creativity of fan made CGI never ceases to amaze me. A lot of the animation is so good that it rivals multi million budget animation.

G

I just watched it and thought that it would be awesome to have Gordon Freeman in TPS mode. However, i am completely stunned as to how neatly and professionally he did the video and for once, i thought that what if he had put "Half Life 3 Official Trailer", we would have all believed it, wouldn't we?. It doesn't look like a fan made trailer, might as well be bought as a intro trailer for Half life 3 by Activision.

Mother of God......

I like. I think there was an article earlier about VALVe wanting to do an in house HL movie. I think this guy has the talent to give it that amazing look.

I think it would be near perfect as long as they get the original cast to voice it.

Ramar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]HavoCnMe[/nom]I have the Orange Box and haven't installed it....maybe i should tonight.[/citation]

Christ son, DO IT.

yahodahan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
meh. meh, and also a bit of "wtf, that's terrible"...i mean, obviously the maker has good CG skill but...not even close to the Valve game. Gordon looked more like Duke Nukem than the real Gordan, is my real gripe...just can't dig that.

All that said, it gave me chills, just thinking about a HL movie!!

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Maybe I should play the Half-life games now.... I played the first one and didn't see what was so great, but obviously everyone thinks it's awesome, so I guess I'll play number 2.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
The animation was great, but overall... The graphics could have been IN Source Engine. Makes me wonder how much time it took to render it when he could have made what I think would have been more interesting, an interactive trailer by modding Half Life 2 (Or hell, Alien Swarm, same engine, but anyone could try it).

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]kksonakiya[/nom]... i am completely stunned as to how neatly and professionally he did the video ... It doesn't look like a fan made trailer, ...[/citation]
[citation][nom]Stryter[/nom]I foresee a job at Valve in this guy's future. This dude has some talent.[/citation]
[citation][nom]elcentral[/nom]are you freaking kidding me so awesome. plz valve get those ppl a jobb and make a movie aboute the 7h war[/citation]

People, please read the article before posting ...
This guy does not need a job at Valve to make videos ...
He is already working at WETA !!!
"Currently Spitoni is employed as the Previsualization Supervisor at Weta Digital, Peter Jackson's visual effects facility located in Wellington, New Zealand. His past experience includes time with developer Milestone in the 90s, and as a special effects artist for commercials in the late 80s. Spitoni said that he's used 3DStudio since its 4th release back when it still required DOS."

"Fan made" does not (always) mean made by unemployed people with no previous professional artistic experience.

x3style

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Still, Half-Life vs. StarCraft in the virtual theater? Now that would be an interesting-yet-awesome fight.

This is not a fight it'll like having a Cake and a Pie at the same time, or Christmas/Eastern/And your birthday in one day.
It could be so much awesomeness it might be unbearable for the majority. Maybe it will create a black hole and destroy the universe.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
See a lot of video games have the potential of being a great movie. Half Life for example has a very strong story line. As well as many other great titles.

The only problem is, is when they implement real actors into it. See also: Doom with The Rock (lol)

They just need to make these kind of movies with CGI. Use voice actors, and have every special effect, crazy ass monster come to life.

I always think how well they did with Final Fantasy Advent Children.

Status
Not open for further replies.