Question Video issues after CPU upgrade

Jan 11, 2023
Hi folks,
My son has built his first PC, and he recently upgraded his CPU from an Intel i3 10400F to an i7 11700F. This upgrade allowed him to use his SSD NVMe in the PCIe 4.0 slot instead of the PCIe 3.0 slot that he was using when he had the i3.
The main reason he upgraded the CPU was because he was having slow load times and blue screening and we figured that would be fixed with a faster CPU and SSD bus.
However, since the CPU update he’s had audio and video glitching/stuttering. Every 10-15 seconds (gaming, video, web browsing) there’s a jump cut in the video and tearing in the audio.
We’ve tested the memory, SSD, and updated the BIOS.
Any ‘next steps’ anyone might recommend to hopefully resolve this issue?

CPU: Intel i7 11700F
Motherboard: Asus Prime B560M-A
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB
SSD/HDD: WD Black 500GB, SN750 SE NVMe
GPU: EVGA GeForce 1080ti
PSU: EVGA 500 W1 White
Chassis: ?
Monitor: Multiple

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

is this unit brand new? Also,
this certainly can't be brand new. Was it purchased used? If so then that might've been the root cause of your BSoD's +
which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Might want to try and work with a higher wattage PSU and see if the issue persists as the suggested PSU for a build with a GTX1080Ti is 600W. The other thing you could do is inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. You could also try and perform a clean install of your GPU drivers, after using DDU. Reinstall the latest GPU drivers sourced off of Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jan 11, 2023
Thanks for the suggestions Lutfij. The PSU was bought brand new a year ago. I didn't realize a 600W is more appropriate.
The 1080ti was gifted by a friend, likely was heavily used. Windows Device Manager says it's running fine, but are there other diagnostics we could use to see if it's the problem?
The RAM is in the gray slots A2, and B2 (recommended configuration).
We did a clean install the way you suggested with DDU, but to no avail.
Thank you for the tips!

Jan 11, 2023
Hi folks,
My son has built his first PC, and he recently upgraded his CPU from an Intel i3 10400F to an i7 11700F. This upgrade allowed him to use his SSD NVMe in the PCIe 4.0 slot instead of the PCIe 3.0 slot that he was using when he had the i3.
The main reason he upgraded the CPU was because he was having slow load times and blue screening and we figured that would be fixed with a faster CPU and SSD bus.
However, since the CPU update he’s had audio and video glitching/stuttering. Every 10-15 seconds (gaming, video, web browsing) there’s a jump cut in the video and tearing in the audio.
We’ve tested the memory, SSD, and updated the BIOS.
Any ‘next steps’ anyone might recommend to hopefully resolve this issue?

CPU: Intel i7 11700F
Motherboard: Asus Prime B560M-A
SSD/HDD: WD Black 500GB, SN750 SE NVMe
Chassis: ?
Monitor: Multiple
We have tried a new 600W PSU and the issue persists. I'm really at a loss for why these video and audio issues are persisting. Please hit me with any suggestions.