[SOLVED] Video lag in WIN10 only fullscreen inside the OS

Sep 25, 2019
So my videos are all lagging around the OS, (Windows Media player and VLC (I use these only )) inside the win10, but if i watch something online in a browser everything is fine... The vide in the OS is starting normally and around 2 seconds it starts stuttering! ( I updated the graphics driver i don't know what to do..)
Could you help guys? :)
Thank you, Steve

Solution
Regarding the Asus R9 380X.

Noted that you updated the Asus P5Q REV 1.0 drivers.

However, there is likely nothing to be lost if you go ahead with a fresh download, reinstallation, and reconfiguration of the drivers.

What I suggest is that you just download and reinstall the drivers. Change nothing with the objective being to get smooth performance (versus "fast" with little or no lag. Then start tweaking the configuration to increase performance.

Continue using either Task Manager, Resource Monitor, or both as suits you to observe performance.

Do you have another GPU you can try? Or another computer where you can install and test the GPU?

Determine if the problem stays with the current host computer or follows the GPU...

Lutfij

Titan
If you're referring to playback of media off your drive, then it's possible that the HDD might be struggling with the task.

Mind listing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If it's a laptop, mention the make and model of the laptop and it's SKU.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (one or the other, not both simultaneously) to observe system performance.

First while just letting Windows run.

Second while watching videos in a window - not full screen.

Third, while watching the same videos full screen.

You may be able to identify what may be bottlenecking full screen video.

Sep 25, 2019
Ok, so
my spec is:
-Core2 Quad Q8200 @2.3Ghz (4 core)
-Asus P5Q REV 1.0
-8GB DDR2 RAM
-Asus R9 380X (I know it's bottlenecking like hell, but it didn't before)
-RaptoX 500W PSU (It's a little brand, it worked before well)
-I don't know what do you mean under chassis...

System performance:
windows running, 3GB of ram, nothing special, 30% of CPU, because it's a C2Q
while windowed video it's almost the same about 5% CPU performance increasing,
while fullscreen, it jumps a bit, like 30% then 60% then around 45% then 90% I think it's because the bottleneck, but I wanna say again it worked well before! :)

(I know this pc is a piece of ++++, but I'm upgrading in pieces, and I started with the GPU, because there was a sale of it, and a repeat again it worked well before)

Sep 25, 2019
Ok, so
my spec is:
-Core2 Quad Q8200 @2.3Ghz (4 core)
-Asus P5Q REV 1.0
-8GB DDR2 RAM
-120GB Kingston SSD (Sata)
-1TB WD blue HDD 7200/5400 RPM, iI can't remember exactly
-Asus R9 380X (I know it's bottlenecking like hell, but it didn't before)
-RaptoX 500W PSU (It's a little brand, it worked before well)
-I don't know what do you mean under chassis...

System performance:
windows running, 3GB of ram, nothing special, 30% of CPU, because it's a C2Q
while windowed video it's almost the same about 5% CPU performance increasing,
while fullscreen, it jumps a bit, like 30% then 60% then around 45% then 90% I think it's because the bottleneck, but I wanna say again it worked well before! :)

(I know this pc is a piece of ++++, but I'm upgrading in pieces, and I started with the GPU, because there was a sale of it, and a repeat again it worked well before)

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding the Asus R9 380X.

Noted that you updated the Asus P5Q REV 1.0 drivers.

However, there is likely nothing to be lost if you go ahead with a fresh download, reinstallation, and reconfiguration of the drivers.

What I suggest is that you just download and reinstall the drivers. Change nothing with the objective being to get smooth performance (versus "fast" with little or no lag. Then start tweaking the configuration to increase performance.

Continue using either Task Manager, Resource Monitor, or both as suits you to observe performance.

Do you have another GPU you can try? Or another computer where you can install and test the GPU?

Determine if the problem stays with the current host computer or follows the GPU.

Caveat being there are multiple factors involved so the swap testing may not truly eliminate the GPU per se.

Solution