[SOLVED] Video lag on second monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadfulmanny

Commendable
May 30, 2016
I have a dual monitor setup. This is my primary (Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27-inch) and this is my second monitor (ASUS VN248H-P)

Every time I watch Twitch on my second monitor, you can tell there is huge lag spike or the fps drops. When I move that same browser into my primary, it all goes away.

I need help! Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marafication

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
I'm having the same exact issue! I only noticed it happening after I got the recent Windows 10 update. The Twitch streams runs perfectly on my primary monitor but when I move it to my secondary it just simply drops frames. In Twitch's video stats, I drop around 500-800 frames per minute. The lag occurs in short "bursts" I am running an Asus 144hz 1440p monitor, a GTX 780, an i7 4820k, and 16gb of ram. Hopefully someone smarter than me can figure out a solution with this info. Thanks!

Abom

Honorable
Apr 4, 2016
Im familiar with both your monitors and own the Asus along with a PG279Q and a BenQ.

The ONLY fix in Windows 10 to correct stuttering at this time is to run your monitors at a multiple of one another. That means if you're in a dual display environment in Windows 10 your monitor needs to be set at 120hz when paired with a 60hz display.

Your only recourse is to go back to Windows 7 and disable Aero.

grizzzlywizzzly

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017

Thanks bro, you fixed my problem as well

Oct 10, 2017

Thanks man! Never thought hardware acceleration could be a bad thing. Works perfectly now

yorickrules

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017

Awesome dude, it worked! Thanks a ton!

slettenmortenas

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
THE SOLUTION I FOUND : Finally it seems I've found a solution... It simply consist of disabling windows transparency (Right Click on the desktop > Personalize > Window color > Uncheck "Enable transparency" > Save Changes).

Then I can immediately note the lag is gone !
Even after a reboot, no problem so far.

tuskland

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018

Wish i could try that but I can´t. I run both my monitors at 60hz... so no of the answers in this thread has helped me

slettenmortenas

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018

You can do this setting changes with 2x60hz monitors.

gosughost

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

fixed it for me, thanks man!

Reactions: GoranBeg

turner.88

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
I've been having the same issue recently ever since the last update. Was annoying when trying to watch a film though my external TV. I tried all the fixes mentioned above but had no luck, finally after playing around with the setting I have found a few solution that worked for me so thought I share just in case anyone is still having issues. I've found 2 solutions that might help.

first I turned down the resolution setting on my second display from the recommended setting by one. It fixed the jerking and actually gave me a better quality picture, however downside was I lost an inch off the edge of my screen with a black border. At first I thought no big deal as I have a 60" TV so whats an inch haha but after about 10 minutes into a film I decided It was doing my head in so went back and had another play and found an even better solution

I changed the second display (My TV) to my main display and my PC monitor as the second display in the setting and it fixed the jerking even with the TV back at it's recommended resolution at full screen it seems to be running jerk free and if you change the taskbar setting so that it shows on all displays instead of just the main one then to be honest it doesn't matter which one is set as the main display as you have full function with any.

Nov 27, 2018

Thank you!!!! This was driving me nutz. Fixed!

Jan 8, 2019

ive just registered to say thank you and bump it up for anybody else you can save :D

PS its working for every monitor setup i guess :p

Status
Not open for further replies.