[SOLVED] Video not showing when I turn on pc

davidlcruz670

Prominent
Dec 3, 2018
I just built a new pc and I double checked if everything is connected properly but the display doesnt show at all and my gpu fans seem to be way louder than usual I have a 2080 ti gpu and a ryzen 9 3900x cpu and a b450 gaming pro carbon ac motherboard

Solution
I dont know wich one is installed I just got it but is the cpu not compatible with the mobo? If so can u recommend one

The CPU is supported by the board but the CPU was released AFTER the board was released so obviously the board needs a BIOS update to support the CPU.

X570 motherboard comes out of the box ready for the Ryzen 3000 series. Only the motherboards B450 with the title MAX in them will support that CPU out of the box.

What you have to do right now is get an older CPU that is supported by the board so you can boot the system and update the BIOS so you can install the 3900X.

AMD can lend you one if you want or you can buy one.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
there are two BIOS versions for that board and the second enables support of the 3xxx series CPU's.
what version is installed to the motherboard?
if you need to update the board you will need a supported CPU. a 2xxx series or a 1xxx series

davidlcruz670

Prominent
Dec 3, 2018
there are two BIOS versions for that board and the second enables support of the 3xxx series CPU's.
what version is installed to the motherboard?
if you need to update the board you will need a supported CPU. a 2xxx series or a 1xxx series
I dont know wich one is installed I just got it but is the cpu not compatible with the mobo? If so can u recommend one

The CPU is supported by the board but the CPU was released AFTER the board was released so obviously the board needs a BIOS update to support the CPU.

X570 motherboard comes out of the box ready for the Ryzen 3000 series. Only the motherboards B450 with the title MAX in them will support that CPU out of the box.

What you have to do right now is get an older CPU that is supported by the board so you can boot the system and update the BIOS so you can install the 3900X.

AMD can lend you one if you want or you can buy one.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit

Last edited:
Solution