[SOLVED] Video output alternatives to graphics cards?

Dec 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

I recently got my hands on a decent prebuilt PC that lacks a dedicated graphics card however, possibly because the guy that sold me the PC only cared about the card to begin with. In addition to that the only hdmi port on the motherboard seems to have been removed by the manufacturer, nevertheless the integrated graphics card of the cpu works just fine, I tried it, using my graphics cards display ports. Since I want to give this PC to a friend and neither he nor I intend on spending much money to buy a dedicated graphics card and just end up using the integrated graphics card of the cpu, I started looking for alternatives to buying a whole new gpu, without success.

I know that he could simply use a very "cheap" graphics card, but I find it hard to believe, that there is no other way of getting a port to output video, like a pcie card that serves the SOLE purpose of allowing an integrated gpu to give a video output, since the processing power to do that should be provided by the later, right? Any advice or recommendations on what we could do, to spend "as little as possible" to make the PC usable? The video output doesn't need to be high quality, 1080p 60 fps would be ideal but 720 p 30 fps could probably do just as fine.

Edit: Even though it wasn't easy, I managed to remove the cover for the HDMI port and can use it without issues, which resolves the initial problem, regarding my search for alternatives to graphics cards and the motherboard video output, the only somewhat useful idea I got, is to use some usb to hdmi / display port adapter or similar usb video transfer methods. I will leave this note here, in case someone stumbles across this and is less fortunate.

Last edited:
Solution
It is a prebuilt pc using an acer motherboard, looking at the specs I believe it to be an Nitro 50-600 Desktop from Acer. The only hdmi port is blocked by some black plastic and therefore unusable. I can try to see if I can get that out, but that doesn't mean the port will work.
A cover over that port is typical and expected. Prevents dust.
Remove it.
Dec 24, 2021
To get video out, you have 2 options:
Either a dedicated GPU, or a CPU that has the graphics integrated .

So....what CPU is in there?
The PC uses an intel i7-8700, it has an integrated graphics card that works alright, however there are literally no ports to output video (Missing graphics card and removed ports on motherboard). That's our problem.

Dec 24, 2021
"removed ports on the motherboard".

How, exactly?
What specific motherboard?
It is a prebuilt pc using an acer motherboard, looking at the specs I believe it to be an Nitro 50-600 Desktop from Acer. The only hdmi port is blocked by some black plastic and therefore unusable. I can try to see if I can get that out, but that doesn't mean the port will work.

USAFRet

Titan
A cover over that port is typical and expected. Prevents dust.
Remove it.

Solution

Latest posts