Question Video playback problems

Jul 11, 2019
Hello. I have a pretty simple problem with video playback on win 10 build 1803. So, when for example i resume anime episode on some foreign site or a movie on win media player the sound keeps going but video freezes and skips a few seconds of image, when audio finally keeps up with frozen image it all goes back to normal and image resumes. It happens all the time when im resuming the vid, im going to add it never happens on youtube. I tried reinstalling nvidia drivers, i checked disks for problem and i checked windows files if there are any corrupted ones. Sorry for bad english im just desperate to fix this crap.

Aug 20, 2019
Method 1: Create a New Administrator Account
1.Press Windows Key + I to open Settings and then click Accounts.
2.Click on Family & other people tab in the left-hand menu and click Add someone else to this PC under Other people.
3.Click I don’t have this person’s sign-in information at the bottom.
4.Select Add a user without a Microsoft account at the bottom.
5.Now type the username and password for the new account and click Next.
6.Once the account is created you will be taken back to Accounts screen, from there click on Change account type.
7.When the pop-up window appears, change the Account type to Administrator and click OK.

Method 2: Update Display Drivers
1.Press Windows Key + R then type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit enter to open Device Manager.
2.Next, expand Display adapters and right-click on your Nvidia Graphic Card and select Enable.
3.Once you have done this again right-click on your graphic card and select “Update Driver Software.
4.Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let it finish the process.
5.If the above step was able to fix your problem then very good, if not then continue.
6.Again select “Update Driver Software” but this time on the next screen select “Browse my computer for driver software.
7.Now select “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.”
8.Finally, select the compatible driver from the list for your Nvidia Graphic Card and click Next.
9.Let the above process finish and restart your PC to save changes. See if you’re able to Fix Video Playback Freezes on Windows 10, if not then continue.

Method 3: Install Graphic Drivers in Compatibility Mode
1.Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
2.Right-click on the setup file you just download and select Properties.
3.Switch to Compatibility tab and checkmark “Run this program in compatibility mode for” then select your previous Windows version from the drop-down.
4.Double-click on the setup file to continue with the installation.
5.Reboot your PC to save changes.

Method 4: Change Audio Sample Rate
1.Right-click on the Volume icon then click on Playback Devices.
2.Double-click on Speakers (default) or right-click on it and select Properties.
3.Now switch to Advanced tab then under Default Format select Sample Rate to “24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality)” from the drop-down.
4.Click Apply followed by OK.
5.Reboot your PC to save Changes and see if you’re able to Fix Video Playback Freezes on Windows 10 issue.

Method 5: Temporarily Disable Battery from the Device Manager
1.Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
2.Expand Batteries then right-click on your battery, in this case, it will be “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” and select Disable device.
3.See if you’re able to Fix Video Playback Freezes on Windows 10 issue.
4.If you’re able to fix the issue then you need to replace your laptop battery.
Note: Also try to completely remove battery then power ON using just the AC power from the cord. See if you’re able to fix the issue.