[SOLVED] Video port output limit: Does Sapphire have manuals for video cards?

Jun 1, 2019
My home work computer has for a decade been using a venerable Radeon HD 5770 to output to three monitors (1 DP, 2 DVI). Since my nephew often plays on my gaming computer (a completely different setup), I installed Steam over at the work computer to test what it can handle. As expected, a game like Dead by Daylight even at the lowest settings has horribly low frame rates.

Recently I started work with a new company, which has racks of surplus idle Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ 8GB RX 570/580 cards which they previously utilised for crypto-currency mining. I was considering acquiring one, but was wondering if all the output ports (2 DP, 2 HDMI, 1 DVI) are actually available for different monitor each. I'm supposing with Eyefinity it ought to support that, but I wanted to be sure none of them actually share output channels (or at least 1DP + 2 HDMI like the old card). Unfortunately I couldn't find any paper manual in the package boxes, nor any digital manual in the driver CD for me to verify this. The Sapphire web site does not appear to have any manual for download either (just drivers).

Has anybody used that brand and range of video cards before to ascertain the true extent of those output ports?

Last edited:
Solution
My company was kind enough to loan me a unit (RX 580; couldn't actually find a RX 570 on the racks) for testing at home. The two HDMI ports have their own separate channels, as is a DP port. Which is exactly what I need. NICE.
Jun 1, 2019
I've read those specs before, but from past experience I know that a card having X-number of output ports does not necessarily mean X-number of monitors having their separate (Windows) desktop space. Some ports might be shared channel.

I just need to ascertain that by the EyeFinity stamp, it truly does mean all ports have their own individual channel.

Jun 1, 2019
My company was kind enough to loan me a unit (RX 580; couldn't actually find a RX 570 on the racks) for testing at home. The two HDMI ports have their own separate channels, as is a DP port. Which is exactly what I need. NICE.

Solution