Video ports not working

Roaziel

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015
Hi,
I just got a new work computer. It's a Fujitsu ESPRIMO P520 E85+ /CORE I7-4790/ with a Radeon R9 255 graphics card. Windows 8.1 64-bit. I already have a 30 inch monitor since before. It's a Dell 3007WFP and it only has one Dual-Link DVI-D port.

The computer has a slew of video ports on the back, one of which is a DVI-D, but for some reason it doesn't output anything. It's totally dead. There's also a VGA out, which also doesn't work, and a DVI-I (positioned lower on the back panel) which is the only one that actually outputs anything (oh and there's one more, but I dont know what it is exactly, it kind of resembled a VGA but without the blue).

When I plug my DVI-D cable from my monitor to the DVI-I port, the best resolution I can get is 1280x800, which is terrible on such a huge screen and I know from my old computer that it can actually manage far higher resolutions past 1080. I suspect this is because the screen has HDCP according to the technical specs on the manufacturers webpage (http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/monitors/topics/en/monitor_3007wfp?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~section=specs).

I don't know why this is and so I need help with getting the other ports to actually output something (seriously, it's like they're not even there), or if possible get the DVI-I to output a higher resolutions. But since I really wanna use a 2 monitor setup, Id rather have all the outputs working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced,
Raz

P.S. I've updated all the drivers, didn't help.

popatim

Titan
The monitor requires a dual link dvi port to support the 2560x1600 resolution of your monitor. You laptop, having only a single link dvi port, is only capable of providing half the data the screen needs; hence the 1280x800 max resolution.

If its not to late to exchange the laptop to a compatible one I would suggest you do so. Your other option is to purchase an Active display port to dual link dvi-d adapter. "Active adapter" being the key words here; they are powered devices to convert the signal between the two signal formats. You will also need to contact Fujitsu to see which version display port this laptop has to aide you in deciding which adapter to buy.

Roaziel

Reputable
Apr 22, 2015

It is Not a laptop, it's a desktop computer with 2 Dual-Link ports, one is DVI-D and the other one is a DVI-I. There are no single link DVIs in this computer. I'm not sure which questions you were answering to, but it doesn't sound like you read mine.