Video & power supply HELP!

TerryMatthiensen

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hello,
I want to know if it is possible to replace my power supply & add another video card so that I can have a three screen game system on this PC ? `
Motherboard= ACPI PNPOCO2
Processor = AMD Phenom QuadCore
2.50 GHz
Memory = 3.00 GB ram (4 slots)
Video Card= Nvidia 9500 GT (PCI)
Op.Syst. = Windows XP Pro
This PC is about 4 yrs old and does not have pci express slots, but does have extra pci slots.
Thanks for any help you can provide, Terry

makafri

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
mmm I dont think you would be able to do that... you will need to upgrade your full system specially because the no PCIE express problem... I cant believe there are still some PCI video cards out there... in short if you want 3 monitors you will need a radeon card, but I dont think you could find a pci version of those :p, and no you cant crossfire on PCI :p lol I guess is not possible :p

funguseater

Distinguished
Hi, my advise would be to upgrade your Motherboard to an am3+ (future upgradability) like this (all from new egg)

ASRock 880GMH/U3S3 AM3+ #N82E16813157275 $80
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) $45
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit $160
Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W $60

re-use your CPU until you feel like upgrading...

You do not have a lot of options to upgrade your system but it does not cost too much to keep up with the tech... anyway just a suggestion if you can afford it...

TerryMatthiensen

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

Thank You for the information, I am not to knowledgable about PC's but if I have it right you are saying to upgrade my
1. Motherboard
2. my Memory
3. my video card
4. my power supply
and I can reuse my existing AMD phenom quad core that will fit on the new mother board? is this right? Again, thanks for responding I really appriciate the HELP! Terry

TerryMatthiensen

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011

How do I know if my CPU is a AM3 ? I thought it might be a AM2+ which I am told will not work on a AM3+ board due to the ddr3 memory support problem & the extra pins? I am not trying to be a pain in the butt, just want to make sure all will work together. Thanks , Terry :??: