VIDEO PREVIEW: Lenovo's IdeaPad Yoga 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]"Ideapad" in short form, the Ipad!Innovative![/citation]
Actually, the IBM/Lenovo line of products had been using the term "Pad" starting in 1992, long before the release of the iPad in 2005.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Max Collodi[/nom]Actually, the IBM/Lenovo line of products had been using the term "Pad" starting in 1992, long before the release of the iPad in 2005.[/citation]

Good to know, thanks for that tidbit.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
The Yoga seems like one of the best ultrabooks out there right now. It's really competitive just as an ultrabook, not even factoring in that you can somewhat use it as a tablet, or angle the keyboard back to show the screen at any angle while using it in bed or something. Seems pretty great.

Kind of odd that they have two small fans in the same spot, no? Why not one larger one?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... GPU is meh and Windows 8 is double meh...[/citation]
GPU isn't important when the targeted audience isn't for gaming or high-performance applications.
Windows 8 is fantastic with Classic8 giving back the start menu.

You have access to music and video's from right inside the OS.
There's nothing wrong with the technologies, there is something wrong with your ability to tell apart the targeted audiences.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I tried a Lenovo Yoga at Best Buy. The concept is neat, but it didn't seem to fit me. I also wish more touchscreen laptops came with a decent GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.