[SOLVED] Video problems only after outages.

Nov 19, 2019
A few months ago, after a power outage on my city, i started having the standard white squares on screen that most of the times indicates that your GPU is dying, it happened very randomly, and wierdly enough, GPU usage didn't had any effect on how often i would have these squares and crashes, i even had them on my BIOS screen, and sometimes i could game for a few hours and even run GPU stress tests, with no problems.
A few days passed and i decided to use my integraded graphics for a while, and asked a friend of mine to use my GPU for a few days, he used for 15 days, gaming and doing stress tests for hours, and had no issues whatsoever, note that i didn't noticed anything while using internal graphics either.
I got my GPU back and reinstalled it, bought a brand new PSU because mine was like 6 years old, and even thou i was prepared to get a new GPU i decided to use it to give it a try, cos im kinda poor and it would be a downgrade, and i had no problems with it for over two months until another power outage happened, and the same problem returned.
Another wierd thing is that, a friend of mine told me to power down my PC, remove the cable and spam the power button like 15 times, and maybe remove the PCI cable from the gpu in the progress, which i did, and it worked two times so far.
The real problem is, i don't get what is happening, and my citys energy company is very unstable during summer, power outages every 20 days or so, it takes only like 2 minutes to go back but it's enough to Removed up my pc, and sometimes it takes hours for me to get it to work again, doing the power button trick and such, i also noticed that sometimes after this, i can hear a static noise on my headphones like if eletricty was going trough my case.

FYI ive tried every single basic solution regarding software, like ddu clean instal, complete OS format , a bunch of older drivers, different HDD , ssd, etc.
Ive changed all the cables, power conectors, MOBO's battery,even the room that the pc is located.

It ONLY happen after power outages, and after im able to make it to work again, it will last until the next event cleary the GPU is faling but for some wierd reason cos the GPU itself is fine.

CPU: I7 3770K stock
MOBO: asrock b75m-dgs r2.0
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
PSU CORSAIR CX 550W PLUS BRONZE
RAM: CORSAIR 1600MHZ VENGEANCE

Last edited by a moderator: