Video problems

G

I am in desperate need of some help. I can't run large graphic games on my computer. The game will run for about 20 to 30 minutes and then either the blue screen of death or the game just stops. Here are my computers specs.

CPU: AMD 1.33GHz using 266 fsb
RAM: 512K DDR
Audio: Hercules Muse XL
Video Card: ATI All-in-Wonder 32MB DDR pro
Hard Drive: 20Gig
Main Board: FIC AD11
I have down loaded DirectX 8.0a and the other drivers that go with it. One consistent thing is that when I get the blue screen of death it refers to the VxD. What that is I have no idea. Can you make some suggestions or refer me to some help sites. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... Thank you in advance.

P.S. I have my doubts about the audio card. Do you know anything about it?

BURP!!!!!!

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
VXD is a Virtual device driver, unless we know exactly what driver that it is refering to, we don't know what it is either. Can you try running your program agian and finding out exactly what VXD is coming up with the problem? If you can't, try getting the Mother board drivers form VIA, as well as new drivers from ATI. as far as your dound card is concerned, I am not sure how good it is since I have a soundblaster Live card. Also, go into device manager and find out if any of the IRQs are being shared. To do this, go to Systems in the control menu,click on the Device Manager tab, then click on the computer icon.

If it works for you then don't fix it.