[SOLVED] Video Quality on my Logitech Brio

Dak110

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
I recently purchased the best webcam i could really find for streaming that kept me from having to jump to a 600+ dollar actual camera to get good video quality. Long story short this Brio is supposed to support 1080 at 60fps which was what i was aiming for and it can also do 4k at 30fps. Unfortunatly the quality while at these resolutions seems piss poor and nothing like previews and reviews shown on youtube while using the same exact webcam. Im not sure if this camera is just defective or if i need to update soemthing but it is plugged into a usb 3.0 as its required to be and my desktop most certainly can handle the camera. Im just stuck on what i should do or what i can do since Logitech support seems to be unhelpful.

Last edited:
Solution
Like mentioned, good lighting goes a long way.

But let's specify a few things.

If using this for streaming, first things first.

Download and install both Logitech camera settings installer for brio and the firmware update for the brio.

Install them.

Then install the Logitech GHub app.

Once that is installed, go to the camera in app and go to both camera and video settings and make a new custom profile.

On the camera settings turn OFF the auto exposure then adjust it till you can see the image but the motion in the image isn't choppy or blurry with ghosting.

Then in video settings adjust brightness and colors and stuff.

Then after that, close the program (it'll still run in background, btw, make sure GHub is set to run with...

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
I'd suspect that the USB bandwidth is being exceeded. Generally anything over about 540p gets hard to do over USB, especially if anything else is on the same USB bus. Make sure you're using USB 3.0 and try to find a USB root hub that nothing else is on.

Dak110

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
As I have stated already the device is plugged into a USB 3.0 port and following your advice i have even decided to unplug every other device out of the back of my computer to see if anything was affecting it in that sense but nothing. Bandwidth should not be an issue the webcams designed to run through the USB 3.0's and specifically state in the setup guide provided that if plugged into anything less 4k would not be achievable. I have all the options to pick from up to 4k in available resolutions. The issue is that in no way shape or for do any of them look remotely close to 1080p or 4k its always a very grainy filmy 720p quality that i get.

As I have stated already the device is plugged into a USB 3.0 port and following your advice i have even decided to unplug every other device out of the back of my computer to see if anything was affecting it in that sense but nothing. Bandwidth should not be an issue the webcams designed to run through the USB 3.0's and specifically state in the setup guide provided that if plugged into anything less 4k would not be achievable. I have all the options to pick from up to 4k in available resolutions. The issue is that in no way shape or for do any of them look remotely close to 1080p or 4k its always a very grainy filmy 720p quality that i get.

Are you using it in a darker area? Cameras like a lot of light to have their best quality. I don't have that camera and of course we can't see your setup or settings so no real good way to know what the issue is in your case without a ton of info.

Dak110

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Are you using it in a darker area? Cameras like a lot of light to have their best quality. I don't have that camera and of course we can't see your setup or settings so no real good way to know what the issue is in your case without a ton of info.
Yeah sure thing ill gather all that up so there a bit more info to go off of

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

Download and install both Logitech camera settings installer for brio and the firmware update for the brio.

Install them.

Once that is installed, go to the camera in app and go to both camera and video settings and make a new custom profile.

On the camera settings turn OFF the auto exposure then adjust it till you can see the image but the motion in the image isn't choppy or blurry with ghosting.

Then after that, close the program (it'll still run in background, btw, make sure GHub is set to run with Windows) then in OBS, go to camera properties and go to it's device config settings and make further fine tune your brightness, colors, contrast etc.

After that you should be good to go.

Solution

Dak110

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017

Install them.

Then after that, close the program (it'll still run in background, btw, make sure GHub is set to run with Windows) then in OBS, go to camera properties and go to it's device config settings and make further fine tune your brightness, colors, contrast etc.

After that you should be good to go.
Any idea where i can find the camerasettings installer for brio and the firmware update?