Question Video Recordings Shutting off Randomly

RobtheSwede

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Ok, recently my video recordings has
started to shut themself off randomly within the 1 minute mark. And I've tried
different recording software so I know it's not program or settings specific.

• And NO, it has nothing to do with running out of HD space.
  • And NO, it has nothing to do with my graphics driver.
Been there, done that, didn't do a thing. So some good suggestions please, what could this be? It just came out of the blue as well. Have never had this problem recording before.

RobtheSwede

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Thank you for the reply. Well, I was using Bandicam, and have been using it for a long while with no problems, but recently (possibly in connection with a recent windows update now when you mention it..) that's when the recordings started to shut off randomly. So, I picked up OBS and did my best to learn that program, (because OBS has mkv support which I wanted to start using anyway), but OBS gave me even more of this issue than Bandicam did. The Videos starts recording fine, but afterwards when I check the video it's only like 30 seconds long or whatever. Every time. And while I'm recording it gives me no indication or error messages or anything.

And I'm recording gameplay videos (I have tried it with different games, but makes no difference which game it is.)

And nope my PC is not shutting off.

Now, here's a bit of an update to all of this. I found a little program called Gecata by Movavi.. and... guess what.. it works fine recording with that. But I would still be interested to find out whats causing OBS and Bandicam to malfunction. Esp since only OBS has the mkv support unfortunately which is something I would like to try and record with. I thought at first it was a format thing, but, no.. it's not... even if I switch from mkv in OBS to something else it's the same thing, and Bandicam doesn't even have mkv to pick from. So it's all the same. I just find it particularly mysterious whats so different with this little Gecata program, and why it works when the others don't.. (it records in mp4 as well.)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS