Question Video Scheduler internal error BSOD and graphical artifacts while playing games.

banerjeeabhra47

Honorable
Oct 23, 2015
Hello Folks,

I have been facing an issue for quite sometimes and it's tearing my hair out.

I am having ocassional BSODs while playing games with BSODs.

The dumps look like this:

On Sat 30-11-2019 13:04:08 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\113019-9500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x41A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x2, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0xFFFFEE0D29029960, 0xFFFF81844616BF50)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 30-11-2019 13:04:08 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog!WdLogEvent5_WdCriticalError+0xE0)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x2, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0xFFFFEE0D29029960, 0xFFFF81844616BF50)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Yes, its the same BSODs everytime. the BSOD s does not occur at regular intervals.

I have reinstalled windows with new drivers.
Cleaned my registry.
Ran sfc \scannow
reinstalled new drivers with DDU

Issue still remains.

My GPU and CPU temps never cross over 75 c and 68 c respectively under heavy load.

Also, I am having flashes like green and red on my screen before the application crash. Kind of like this video below:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFmZXirzuo
. Now when this issue occurs its not a BSOD, the application just crashes.

I tried this with another card a MSI 970. Issue does not occur.

Now the story is I had sent the GPU for RMA earlier because of driver crash and recovering and artifacting like on the above link.
Now they gave me a refurbished one and after 2 weeks it is giving BSODs and artifacting. Driver crash has never happened with this GPU.
Yes, I was getting BSODs on my original graphics card but not Video scheduler internal error. It was dxgmms stopped working or system service exception.
This issue does not occur when I am surfing and watching You tube videos. It happens only on gaming.

Below are my System configuration:

Processor: FX-8350 8 core (not overclocked)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
RAM: 2 X8GB DDR3 RAM (not overclocked)
PSU: Corsair HX 850 Watt
Hard Disk: 250 gb samsung SSD.
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti 11gb (not overclocked)

Question is who is to blame:

1. RAM (I ran memtest, no issue found)
  2. PSU (Its 1.5 yrs old)
3 GPU (I know its refurbished but still)

Need your expert opinion on this one. I am depressed over this.
Thanks in advance. Please let me know if any more information is required.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhra Banerjee