Question Video scheduler internal error on any GPU

Mar 8, 2020
I don't really know if it's the right place to ask, sorry if it is not.

Good evening, I bought a pc recently; there is the build
MOBO:
MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX
CPU:
AMD RYZEN 5 3600
GRAPHICS:
EVGA GTX 1660 SUPER
RAM:
2x8GO DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX C16
SSD:
KINGSTON A400 480GO
HARD DRIVE:
WBLUE 1TO 3.5"
PSU:
CORSAIR RM650X 80+ GOLD
NETWORK:
ASUS PCE-A55BT
COOLER:
ARTIC FREEZER 34 DUO ESPORT
CASE:
PHANTEK ECLIPSE P400s

I bought this rig 2weeks ago and because of school i could only build it this weekend.
When I tried to start windows, everything went smooth, until i went for the GPU Drivers, the default one from Windows; it gave my pc a bluescreen "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR", first thought was a GPU drivers issue, so I did a clean uninstall of the drivers using DDU, and installed the drivers from NVIDIA website offline, didn't work either, still blue screen "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR".
So I thought maybe the GPU was faulty, I tried to use my older GPU, a GTX660 from MSI, and reinstalled windows offline mode, I disabled auto driver install from windows, installed the drivers from NVIDIA's website, got the crash again, tried the 1660 on older pc to make sure, the GPU worked fine.

So i thought maybe the problem could be from something else, I tried to switch around the memory sticks, tried 1x8go in every slots possible, nothing worked.
I tried to install windows on the hard drive, and unplug the SSD, did not work either.

Tried to update the MOBO drivers, the BIOS, nothing worked. I tried to update windows, without success. (I am installing W1903 btw).
I started in network safe mode, and PC semt to be fine there, tried some trivial cpu benchmark such as simplePI, and it doesn't semt like there was an issue.
I also started an advanced memory diagnostic (the default one from windows) with 5 tries, to try to see if they were faulty, after a few hours, results are in: no issue from memory.
I'm not really sure what to try anymore... Windows seems to be working fine without graphic drivers, but as soon as I get drivers, it crashes.
so there u have it... I did bunch of things already, and i don't know what to do anymore..
I am aware that an optional update from windows right now is faulty and can causes crashes, but i did not have it installed.

Thanks for your concern, hope anyone got an idea on how i can fix that.
(I'm not native english, forgive me for the, most likely, bad grammar. 🙃)
I might take some time to answer since it's sunday evening and tomorrow i will be back at uni.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would blame the Nvidia drivers. I honestly have to stop myself blaming them if I see them in BSOD posts.,.. like this one.

Have you tried the drivers from EVGA? https://www.evga.com/support/download/

updating motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers could help

you confused me with this -
MEMORY:
EVGA GTX 1660 SUPER
RAM:
2x8GO DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX C16
as I couldn't find what GPU you had now :)

Mar 8, 2020
I will try again with the EVGA drivers directly.
I updated the mobo's chipset drivers, and updating the BIOS did not help at all the 1st time, I will try again with everything.
I'll blame fatigue for branding GPU as memory🙃

Edit: Checked EVGA's drivers; they're exactly the same files as Nvidia's.

Last edited: