Question "Video scheduler internal error". Unable to boot. Hardware or software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2019
I was playing world of Warcraft which I have done numerous times lately. No new updates or drivers were installed when this happened. No new software for that matter either. During gameplay, The screen flashed a few times - black - then the screen went totally black and froze.

Upon resetting the pc it tried to boot up but failed and ended up trying to do an auto diagnose and repair but failed as well. It ended in a visual video scheduler internal error. Only thing I could do was reset windows . I wiped everything and all seemed well. I installed the GeForce drivers loaded up wow and started getting graphical errors.

Then boom black screen again. Same problem a> video error, dead pc.

So I reset again but I’m afraid to load up the game so I’m making a bootable win10 and putting it on a HDD because I imagine my ssd is shot and causing these issues.

After the first reset I was getting random freezes when would do anything moderately using processing power such as. Loading the twitch app. Having multiple windows open, whilst installing software. Etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated . I am tempted to buy a new pc but don’t want to shell out. If I could dial down the component that is the issue I would likely just replace it instead of replacing EVERYTHING. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.