VIDEO: Sexy, Slim Adamo XPS Early Hands-on

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I don't see why they competing to make the thinnest laptop o.o laptops are suppose to be portable but it doesn't have to be THAT portable! I wonder if the Adamo case is sturdy enough to protect it from sudden drops or bumps ._. and the specs probably wouldn't be that good sigh :(

G

"Pc's are years ahead in technology from Apple!
Apple uses 2 years old hardware (which took them 2 years to configure), and make it work flawless, but by that time the PC already has a leap ahead into new technology.
New technology always has bugs, which apple never has to face because they only use old hardware where the bugs are ironed out!

I yet need to see the first core i laptop from Apple! "

While it may not be a laptop. Apple does offer a Core i5 iMac.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
not very useful as a "LAP"top. so much for portability, i am sure that it will be very easy to break the hinge, especially if someone has big and heavy hands. i will stick with my MacBook Pro.

G

I've never seen a laptop which is actually supported running in someone's lap - there's too much risk of blocking vents and so forth so that's always a non-supported position as per the user manuals... and I've never used a laptop in my lap either, it's simply way too far down for anything but a few minutes use at most - how are people's necks formed these days? ^^ In bed watching a movie I get it, but actually using it? Ouch the strain ^^

Gnegroni

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
So, essentially its a flatter and bigger netbook? What about cooling that monster...I don't think convection cooling thru will be enough.

No thanks! Beware future owners!!!

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
agree opening it is not an issue your picking at crumbs, it sexy ligth and if battery life is beyond 10 hours its perfect for the buisness man

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I wonder if Mac is going to make an ad about PC's stealing their cosmetic ideas. I'm not a mac fan. But c'mon Dell... this was wayy to obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.