VIDEO: Sexy, Slim Adamo XPS Early Hands-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Music is...interesting lol. I can't imagine specs being that good or price...i would never buy a computer for aesthetic purposes and high prices, hence why i disapprove of macs.

PodSix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
LOL! Anyone else start this video and get the 'Free MacBook' link in the upper right hand corner?

oh, and thanks Mr. Man for demonstrating to me how a keyboard works.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kingssman[/nom]And everybody marks me down when i say that "Apple sets the trend and PC picks up the trend and makes it cheaper and more updated"[/citation]
Generalized information that isn't true should get marked down.

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation]If you’re out of battery and away from an outlet, you're not going to be opening it.[/citation]

So it's just like every other mobile device.

Resting the system on the panel's edge rather than on the bottom of the keyboard seems awkward. Wouldn't that be a little uncomfortable in your lap? What if you prefer a flat surface to type on rather than an angled one?

PodSix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
Give it a month...

"Dell recalls Adamos for hinge failures"

Oh and IMO, the finger swipe open thing is the dumbest 'innovation' I've seen in a while. All it says to me is that when your laptop is off, it isn't truly off because there has to be current running to power that sensor while it waits for some tool to swipe his finger across it. I understand the finger swipe thing for the iPhone but when you want to implement it to open your freaking laptop thats where I stop.

G

wat is even the use of the heat sensitive latch in the first place - for them to innovate WE pay... Apple innovates on things that are seriously usefull to ppl - this one is just a cool factor nothing more...

Next - yes apple sets the trend and pc picks up and makes in cheaper and more updated? -- I beg to differ... Apple did a amazing mac book air and these guys are still trying to catch up with that amazing piece of beauty... Whoever cursed apple for costly products will feel like dumm shits to know wen Dell tried unibody adamo for nothing less than $ 1,699 - which was no way close to macbook air and now HP with their Envy 13t to compete with macbook pro 13" for just $1899 which is $500 more insasly costly than the macbook pro...

Apple does innovation with some brains and these guys only try to catch up and miserably fail... And BTW - the line of hardware released in apple rocks - They are fast and are reasonably priced for what they offer...

Pc's rock the way they are and wen they try to hit the mac teritory they hit us with extreme costs while the compaines still go away easily by tellin the world apple's costly - get a life - apple's become a lot more affordable than wat these PC's offer...

PodSix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]avatarprime[/nom] Resting the system on the panel's edge rather than on the bottom of the keyboard seems awkward. Wouldn't that be a little uncomfortable in your lap? What if you prefer a flat surface to type on rather than an angled one? [/citation]

This product is more or less built for people who just love to be seen and as with most if not all products that are intended for them, ergonomics don't matter, only aesthetics. The keys could be made out of old hypodermic needles from various free clinics pointing right up at you and people would still buy it.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Kingssman[/nom]And everybody marks me down when i say that "Apple sets the trend and PC picks up the trend and makes it cheaper and more updated"[/citation]

Because that is like saying Apple is ahead of the game. They have like... 2 frikin laptops. You can't say anybody is copying them just because somebody makes a thin laptop. That is like saying "I'm gonna go ahead and copywrite making thin laptops... derrr." That is just how tech is going.

Anyways, this Dell is really sexy but its basically a large screen, $2,000 netbook with an overclocked atom that can suck my ____

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
What I want to know is does XPS have anything to do with the xps line of computers, with the low specs this has I highky doubt it though but in the real world this might be a surprisingly good performer thanls to the wonder of software optimization

G

Pc's are years ahead in technology from Apple!
Apple uses 2 years old hardware (which took them 2 years to configure), and make it work flawless, but by that time the PC already has a leap ahead into new technology.
New technology always has bugs, which apple never has to face because they only use old hardware where the bugs are ironed out!

I yet need to see the first core i laptop from Apple!

G

[citation][nom]avatarprime[/nom][citation]If you’re out of battery and away from an outlet, you're not going to be opening it.[/citation]So it's just like every other mobile device.Resting the system on the panel's edge rather than on the bottom of the keyboard seems awkward. Wouldn't that be a little uncomfortable in your lap? What if you prefer a flat surface to type on rather than an angled one?[/citation]
You could tilt the screen behind the knees, or behind the desk, or use an arm rest

G

[citation][nom]08nwsula[/nom]I didn't think much of it from the pictures, but that this is sexy.I still wont buy one[/citation]
Agree, unless the price is sub $500, or sub $400 for an atom version!

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
That looks pretty good. I saw a list of specs somewhere else, it said it was the same price and specs as a Macbook Air, except the Dell had a .4ghz slower core2duo and a solid state disk instead of an HDD.

If those stats are true, it is a better value, and better looking than a Macbook. Nice going Dell!

Now, how long before the first keyboard breaks off from someone accidentally stepping on an open one?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Looks very good. I think it kicks Apple's AIR in the balls. But how many computer USERS really care if the notebook is 1" thick or .5" thick?

its cool that its thin enough to be used as a knife and all, but is it really that much of a deal?

I give it thumbs up in looks and function.

But it'll look a but like crap once it has the 1-2 big ugly MS product Key stickers and other tags and crap all over it.

G

It would be much more impressive if the keyboard sat flat instead of being angled.

Status
Not open for further replies.