Question video sound...

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
i had been editing audio files for my videos to smooth out the high and low sound.
But the question is, when watching a TV show or movie on the tv, what bitrate in the audio would they be in, how smooth and great the sound quality sounds. Would tv broadcasters us 128kbps or what.

• 16kbps: Spoken word
  • 32kbps: Talk show
  • 48kbps: AM radio
  • 64kbps: FM radio
  • 96kbps: Near CD quality
  • 128kbps: DAB quality
  • 192kbps: CD quality
  • 256kbps: Studio quality
  • 320kbps: Pro quality

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I'd use VBR (variable bit rate) instead of CBR (constant bit rate), since VBR offers highest quality. While with CBR, you'll either cut away the quality (if bit rate is too low), or artificially distort the media (if bit rate is too high).

Here's further reading about VBR vs CBR,
link: https://www.dacast.com/blog/cbr-vs-vbr/

And while the article mostly talks about video as a whole, same applies to audio as well (either within the video or standalone audio file).

Oh, one of my hobbies is audio creation (remixes of music tracks) and i save all my work in VBR, for highest quality.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
in a audio editor which i have has channel 1 or 2 two save the audio file settings to.
Would saving the audio file to channel 2 sounds better then channel 1
So since that i have Wondershare, if i go over to audio to fix up he audio, it only shows channel 1 or channel 2.
But wen i go over to video setting in the audio, it only has channel 2 and channel 6 for the audio, Just a tough question to post.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Would saving the audio file to channel 2 sounds better then channel 1

I don't know that there would be any difference in that. But if you want to find out, you can save it to 1st channel and after that, into 2nd channel.

Channel 1, 2, 3 etc, IF it isn't to do with mono/stereo/surround, means that you can have multiple audio tracks within video. E.g channel #1, background music; channel #2, foreground audio (e.g talking) etc. What i can't tell, is if the channel #1 would be the foreground or background. You need to check that from your video editing software.

Oh, mono is 1 channel, stereo is 2 channel, 5.1 surround is 6 channel, 7.1 surround is 8 channel.

1cherokee79

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2017
The video editor i have Wondershare, for the audio, it has both channel 1 and channel 2.
Let me get this right, is channel 1 for audio means if you have a t.v with one speaker like one T.V had, I had an old tv with one speaker on it. And channel 2 would be if u have two speakers like the T.V today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeacus