Video storage drive question.

What is the difference between 2 hard drives for video storage one of which
is called 'KB IDE' & the other 'SATA'? The other part of the descriptions
are the same 7200 RPM *MB cache etc.

--
Thanks in advance

On Fri, 14 May 2004, "Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>What is the difference between 2 hard drives for video storage one of which
>is called 'KB IDE' & the other 'SATA'? The other part of the descriptions
>are the same 7200 RPM *MB cache etc.

I don't know "kb ide" but I do know that a "sata" (Serial ATA) drive
has a VERY different ribbon cable connector, so if your motherboard
does not have a SATA connector, you can't use that drive

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith