Question Video stuttering/Tearing in Browser

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi All,

Whenever I watch some online content on any Browser like holster or Netflix or anything. My video get stuttered or teared(Not sure what I say exact word) when camera moves very slowly in the video regardless of my Display resolution and refresh rate

I have set the resolution currently 1920x1080 @120HZ

Monitor Model: Acer XB271HU (2560x1440P) @165HZ

I am not sure why this happening on my desktop or my Graphic card.

When I played the same scene on my mobile phone app. it worked fine like smooth.

I have already tried to enable/disable the GSYNC in Nvidia control panel or Tried to set the Fixed refresh rate but it didn't helped me anywhere.

Already tried to disable the HW acceleration on chrome. But no luck

This concept doesn't apply to my games while playing. Games work smooth. it never got stuttered or teared.

My PC specs in my signature.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Well, one way to find out if it's the GPU's fault, is to try the integrated graphics and see if the same issue happens.
I can't try that. In my MOBO. I don't have any display or HDMI port. Graphic card is the only option

BTW its a new Graphic card if its faulty the I would have faced issue in games too

MOBO MSI Z390 Ace

Welp, ain't that a b****...

Ok, try reenabling the hardware accelaration in Chrome and also try a different browser. I had the same issue far back and also disabled the hardware accelaration but after some time, the issue resurfaced so I tried enabling it this time and it worked... I am happy that it works and I don't care why :D

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Can anyone please help me. its a big issue for me.

Just now I found some findings. When I make the refresh rate from 120Hz to 60HZ. its little bit improved.

But not smooth still. When I make to 24HZ it got improved but frames start moving very slow.

I guess the issue here. Video refresh is not matching with Gsync monitor. its getting mismatched. we need to match it exactly.

But not sure how to do that

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
In Geforce experience, see what it says for the refresh rate. Also check if you downloaded the right drivers for your card.
Geforce experience has automatically detected the card and downloaded the drivers. so that's not an issue.

And how to check refresh rate in GeForce exp when watching video in browser on YouTube.

TRENDING THREADS