Video tdr failure

battlecom82

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Specs: windows 10 pro x64,msi r7770 pmdigd5, asrock 970 extreme3,amd fx 6300,4gb ram. Atikmpag.sys bsod when installing any amd driver . Problem started when i had fortnite open (not playing) screen went black couldn't ctrl alt delete nothing so i pressed reset button couldn't boot screen was black. Now I have already format hard drive reinstalled windows also used sfc scannow ,ddu .I can log in normally in windows (no drivers installed ) I need help what drivers to install first after graphics card driver (also what's the best version to use because the latest version causes bsod )
Thanks I'll add any additional info.

Solution

Not really sure what you are saying there, test the card in another system, that will tell you if card is the issue or something else. You had issues in the system, you re-installed Windows and still had the same issue, so it's not likely at all to be a software issue. Card, maybe power supply, maybe motherboard PCIe slot.

battlecom82

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
I disabled windows update to install manufacturer etc it can't install amd sm bus and hd7700 radeon driver.it download and installed kb4088 something and it restarted and now screen is black so my graphics card is good? Stupid windows fault????

Not really sure what you are saying there, test the card in another system, that will tell you if card is the issue or something else. You had issues in the system, you re-installed Windows and still had the same issue, so it's not likely at all to be a software issue. Card, maybe power supply, maybe motherboard PCIe slot.

Solution