VIDEO: The Last RAGE Gameplay Trailer Before Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
This game looks awesome! I can't wait.

But I have one gripe from the few videos that I have seen.

I don't get why there isn't exact mouth movement to speech :/

Is it really that hard to implement?

Otherwise, this should be one of the greatest games in Q4 of 2011.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]This game looks awesome! I can't wait.But I have one gripe from the few videos that I have seen.I don't get why there isn't exact mouth movement to speech Is it really that hard to implement? Otherwise, this should be one of the greatest games in Q4 of 2011.[/citation]

Called lipsync m'boy. Probably something with the vid most likely. Though I had no sound for now so I can't tell if it was in this one as well.

By the looks of it, the dumbed-down style for consoles is evident enough with SUPER REGEN health and UI just seems to have that feel. It's Bulletstorm without the slow-mo/booting/lasso thing so far and with a gobsmack amount of DLC just for the weapons. ID is once again being stupid.

G

Spear of Destiny started all. Quake gave us real 3D.... Half life gave us depth in story. From then till now nothing else has really changed apart from the quality of the graphics...

Wamphryi

Distinguished
I wouldn't go so far as to say it was crap but I don't think I will buy it. A FPS rarely impresses these days IMHO. I do like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and I think they are better games.

4745454b

Titan
Looks like console crap to me. The game engine looks great, but the mechanics is console.

I'm not a fan of the style. Id is Doom. Id is quake. Fast pace run and gun. This is sniping people from across the map?

silverthorn

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
YEA for another crappy console port !!!
Let's see....
10/11 = MM:H6
10/18 = Batman: Arkham City
10/25 = BF3
Yeah, I think I will pass on this console port for now. I may pick it up later once it hits the bargain bin.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]silverthorn[/nom]YEA for another crappy console port !!!Let's see....10/11 = MM:H610/18 = Batman: Arkham City10/25 = BF3Yeah, I think I will pass on this console port for now. I may pick it up later once it hits the bargain bin.[/citation]

BF3 is no console port idiot... It can saturate a GTX 580.

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I thought he was just listing the games he will buy...not console ports. I don't believe MM is even going to be on consoles. No need to get so defensive.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]Novulux[/nom]I thought he was just listing the games he will buy...not console ports. I don't believe MM is even going to be on consoles. No need to get so defensive.[/citation]

My bad then but on the other hand Batman: Arkham City is a console port.

dreamer77dd

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Battlefield 3 looks okay but I think this one looks better or the same. All probably buy this and if it makes me happy playing it all the better but I was expecting BF3 better graphics but baby steps i guess. I think Rage still looks good.

wingartz

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]Looks like console crap to me. The game engine looks great, but the mechanics is console.I'm not a fan of the style. Id is Doom. Id is quake. Fast pace run and gun. This is sniping people from across the map?[/citation]
too true this gameplay video is from console, movement too linear, with a controller, not with a mouse and keyboard

milesk182

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]wingartz[/nom]too true this gameplay video is from console, movement too linear, with a controller, not with a mouse and keyboard[/citation]

Are you an idiot...It says press "e"? Its with a mouse and keyboard.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Looks great, anyone know what DRM will be?
3 games are on my list, RAGE, SkyRim and Battlefield 3 on the PC only, no kiddie console gaming here.
My Q9650 and GTX 560Ti need some exercise.
Bethesda is rocking this year, RAGE with id's Tech 5 engine looks sweet. Bethesda has SkyRim coming up next month too, awesome. I just hope the new engine in SkyRim is smooth and stable.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Are you an idiot...It says press "e"? Its with a mouse and keyboard.

In addition, if you have read anything about this game you would know that the entire game was built on 1 engine and was not "ported" to anything.

Now that may effect the mechanics of the game, but it certainly does not effect the graphics or AI as the engine was built to utilize the platform it is running on and the graphics will scale as need be.

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
I'm sorry this game looks repetive graphically. The backgrounds and scenery have no life to them. The kills pretty much all look the same. Did they forgo any physics implementation in this game? If this is what the final release is going to look like they've missed the mark by a longshot. I honestly was thinking Duke Nukem - the humour and nostalgia.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I'd rather play a remake of Commander Keen. I'm sick of hearing wasteland in games.

And if Skyrim is buggy, then it definitely isn't Gamebryo's fault... oh crap Skyrim is still using a modified Gamebryo engine calling it Bug Creation Engine...

Status
Not open for further replies.