Question "Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" while playing games on my Acer Aspire laptop ?

Nov 19, 2022
So every time I play a game my game crashes (blue screen giving the error VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR or force stop)

Tried these things till now
  • reinstalling the graphics driver from Acer.
  • removing the graphics driver using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling the latest one while windows update is paused and windows defender is disabled.
  • updating drivers from Nvidia.
My laptop is Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G
Specs -
i5 9300H
Gtx 1650 4GB gddr6
16Gb ram
512Gb SSD
Windows 11 home single language

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did it come with 11? If you had 10 before, did it have any errors?

Wonder if it has anything to do with the Intel GPU drivers, only as it would use both if its anything like normal - guess it depends on if Nvidia GPU shows as Full Display Device in dxdaig

Nov 19, 2022
Did it come with 11? If you had 10 before, did it have any errors?

Wonder if it has anything to do with the Intel GPU drivers, only as it would use both if its anything like normal - guess it depends on if Nvidia GPU shows as Full Display Device in dxdaig
I had the same issue with windows 10 as well. nvidia gpu as well as intel gpu both show as full display device in dxdiag

Colif

Win 11 Master
I must have missed your reply

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Nov 19, 2022

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvS1Eeb57XpAgkr76-h1_BFgYCww?e=LeDnKC

here is the link to the dumpfiles

Nov 19, 2022

Also, now the bsod screen does not appear instead the game crashes and the graphic card is gone like the the system does not recognize the graphic card and when i restart the pc, its back to normal

Nov 19, 2022
Also, now the bsod screen does not appear instead the game crashes and the graphic card is gone like the the system does not recognize the graphic card and when i restart the pc, its back to normal
GRAPHICS_DEVICE_REMOVED: The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because some other application submitted invalid commands. The calling application should re-create the device and continue.

this was one of the error message I got

Colif

Win 11 Master
Conversion of Dumps

report - Click run as Fiddle to read

File: 112622-8703-01.dmp (Nov 26 2022 - 18:42:07)
BugCheck: [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by: nvlddmkm.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

File: 112622-6265-01.dmp (Nov 26 2022 - 16:35:30)
BugCheck: [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by: nvlddmkm.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 54 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

Both blame Nvidia drivers. It doesn't seem to care which version, it crashed on the April & November drivers.

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed. I assume it came with both sticks?
8192MB2667MHz09D5
8192MB2667MHzSamsungM471A1K43DB1-CTD

Windows generally can't make GPU stop showing. Its possible its the actual GPU to blame, or the Nvidia driver stops working

try running this: https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
given you only have 16 3rd party drivers installed and 11 of them are intel.

Colif

Win 11 Master
DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED error usually occurs when the graphics card runs improperly. In addition, some users find some factors like anti-aliasing, shadow play, faulty RAM, and outdated graphics card drivers are also responsible for the error.
do you use shadow play?

its always possible its the actual GPU to blame. It happened on 2 different versions of windows, and you clean installed between them. So it could be the hardware. shame its a laptop as they built onto motherboard. And as such can't be replaced without replacing motherboard as well.

I would run memtest on both sticks, as sticks can go bad. run it overnight
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Nov 19, 2022
do you use shadow play?

its always possible its the actual GPU to blame. It happened on 2 different versions of windows, and you clean installed between them. So it could be the hardware. shame its a laptop as they built onto motherboard. And as such can't be replaced without replacing motherboard as well.

I would run memtest on both sticks, as sticks can go bad. run it overnight
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvS1Eeb57XpAgktL_NDA9oQW4Xmc?e=RisrTo

here is a new mini dump