Videocard BOOM stopped?

G

I remember that starting with fall 2000 there was a big videocard BOOM like making GeForce2 GTS, ULTRA, MX and Rpo, then all those Radeon versions, so what happened now? the only 2 new cards we can expect this year is GF3 ULTRA and Radeon2 (maybe GF3 MX)???

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Don't worry, Its just the calm before a new storm. The nv17 (GF3mx?) is due, I'm not certain whether or not there will be a nv25 (GF3 Ultra?). If there is, it will be out towards the end of this year, perhaps around the same time as the Radeon 2, which is due in late september. There also may be variations of the Radeon 2.

The STM people are saying the Kyro 3 is due out sometime late this year. So, there are a few cards due, and their release dates seem to be very close to each other as well.

<font color=red><i>Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say
today itself's too late; the wise lived yesterday

G

What will be the approximate price for Radeon2 and GF3Ultra?
I know Radeon will have better picture, but GF3 U;tra will be faster

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
I don't know, I guess it will be Radeon 2 will be the same as the very first release price of the Radeon may be higher or lower depending on the price of the GeForce 3 and the nv25 if its already out. Likewise, the nv25 will be around the same price of the initial release price of the GF3 ($400?) with a little adjustment depending on the price of the Radeon 2 if it is out.

<font color=red><i>Tomorrow I will live, the fool does say
today itself's too late; the wise lived yesterday