[SOLVED] Video's and games consistently freeze, only stops on restart ?

Jan 1, 2021
About a month ago I installed a Window's update and it required that I log in, but the account that was connected to my PC was previously deleted. I tried creating a new account through the Windows startup prompt but when logging into the account my PC completely froze. I had to shutdown my PC and boot it up again, but then Window's indicated that I had an error with my C Drive and it attempted to scan and repair it. Since the event there was about a 60% chance that when I boot my PC all videos/video games would freeze in a very consistent pattern. To try to imitate the pattern it was something like 1sec good... 1sec freeze... 1s good...1sec freeze. NOTE - the issue isn't noticeable unless I'm running a video or a game, as browsers and other programs seem to run as normal.

I just reformatted my PC and the error stating my C drive has a problem no longer appears BUT the stuttering issue is still present. The issue can be fixed upon restarting my computer, but as mentioned, there is a 60% chance that the stuttering will occur when booted up. If the stuttering doesn't occur within the first 1min of start-up it won't happen at all, but again it's a gamble the next time I start up my PC. I'm in no way a computer wiz so I really don't know what's causing the problem and I am in search for help.

My specs are:
Windows Version: 10 - 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Hard drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB
GPU: GTX 1080

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would ask that you backup any and/or all critical data from the drive on which the OS installed on and then reinstall the OS after fabricating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Make sure your BIOS is updated as well before reinstalling.

Thanks Lutfi! I actually reached out to a friend that is in IT and he spotted 900+! critical errors with my audio drivers.

He believes that the audio program I use for my headphones, nahimic 2+, was incompatible with my realtek driver. I re-installed realtek, and deleted the program, and I haven't seen the issue occur since.

Fingers crossed that everything is sorted out now haha.

Thanks again!

Lutfij

Titan

I would ask that you backup any and/or all critical data from the drive on which the OS installed on and then reinstall the OS after fabricating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Jan 1, 2021

Thanks Lutfi! I actually reached out to a friend that is in IT and he spotted 900+! critical errors with my audio drivers.

He believes that the audio program I use for my headphones, nahimic 2+, was incompatible with my realtek driver. I re-installed realtek, and deleted the program, and I haven't seen the issue occur since.

Fingers crossed that everything is sorted out now haha.

Thanks again!

Solution