Question Videos buffer for a long time before they start to play ?

Jul 23, 2022
Hey so i got an Laptop (HP Latitude 5310) from my school like 1-2 years ago. It recently started buffering videos by a lot. It doesn't matter if the video is on youtube or any other website or local, it takes about 10-20 seconds to load till the video starts. It can't possibly be an internet problem since it works perfectly on my pc or any other device connected to the same wifi. So what could be the issue? Software or Hardware? I can't kinda think its a hardware problem since i had even older laptops than this one and they played videos perfectly. I was thinking about maybe a fresh install could fix it? What do you guys think? What could i possibly do? Thanks

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since it's hard to tell why videos buffer, while on the same network, other devices are fine, i'm suspecting bloatware/malware or any other reason hogging laptop's system resources, thus creating the delay. Here, wipe of OS and clean install would be my 1st step too.

Hardware wise, only high temperatures would affect the already fine working laptop. But if slow down is only with video buffering, while windows open/close and web surfing is fast, then it doesn't point towards thermal throttle, unless playing videos is taxing for that old laptop.

Reactions: HyperScott
Jul 23, 2022
Since it's hard to tell why videos buffer, while on the same network, other devices are fine, i'm suspecting bloatware/malware or any other reason hogging laptop's system resources, thus creating the delay. Here, wipe of OS and clean install would be my 1st step too.

Hardware wise, only high temperatures would affect the already fine working laptop. But if slow down is only with video buffering, while windows open/close and web surfing is fast, then it doesn't point towards thermal throttle, unless playing videos is taxing for that old laptop.
I did a clean install and it did fix it, since i didnt have much on that laptop installed it wasnt that big of a deal to reinstall. It was most likely a bloatware, it works normal again. Thank you!

Reactions: Aeacus