Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
So if I play any YouTube video, I get some strange lines on the screen. I know it's not a faulty monitor, because with my TV the same happens and it also shows the lines on a screenshot. Here's the screenshot:
cFNPNc8.png
There are blue/green lines all around the character's head, but it's most noticible on his nose. I've never had this issue before, it's happening since today. I'm running Chrome 76.0.3809.100 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro. I first thought it was an issue with the insider preview I was running. but installing the stable 1903 didn't change anything.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I don't see 'em, either.

But, just based on the description, and knowing about video artifacts in various browsers, make sure that hardware acceleration is turned off.

In the case of Chrome: Settings, Advanced (at the bottom of the settings screen, expand it), System, and toggle off Use hardware acceleration when available.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I don't see 'em, either.

But, just based on the description, and knowing about video artifacts in various browsers, make sure that hardware acceleration is turned off.

In the case of Chrome: Settings, Advanced (at the bottom of the settings screen, expand it), System, and toggle off Use hardware acceleration when available.
Just tried it and relaunched Chrome. Now I don't really notice any difference :( Incase it might help, here are my specs:
Intel Core i5-2430M 2c/4t @2.40GHz
Intel HD Graphics 3000 + GeForce GT520MX (switching cards won't help)
8GB DDR3
Crucial BX500 120GB + WD750GB HDD (in DVD slot)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I still see nothing. Try my prior suggestion to see if it fixes your problem.
I actually already tried your suggestion without it changing things. Just checked the images on my phone and I don't see them on there either. I only see it on my laptop. If you can wait a few minutes I'm gonna take a picture with my phone's camera.

Edit - This is what I took with my phone's camera:
WyUoSjd.jpg

VqMMU3c.jpg

On the first picture you can see it better if you zoom in.

Last edited:

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, my guess is that you either need to update your graphics driver or something is going wrong with the screen itself, whether from a loose connection or something else.

Your actual screen captures show nothing, which indicates that the underlying image that's "painted" to the screen is uncompromised. That points to something with what gets that image on the screen, the screen connection(s), or the screen itself being wonky.

Sorry I can't really get any more specific than that.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
I think it might be the GPU and not the screen. It has the same issues on my TV. It also only happens on images and videos, and the GPU has to render those. I'm already on the latest drivers, but tommorow I will remove the drivers with DDU and install an older version of both the HD3000 and GT520MX.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Idk what happend, but I just turned my laptop on this evening, and everything is fine! I'm gonna update you as soon as it's getting these issues again, but for now, thanks for the help ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.