Videos won't play, even offline

stebbinsd

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Best answers
When I load a youtube video, the first frame will appear on-screen, but it won't play beyond that.

Even if I try to play videos offline using Windows Media Player, the videos will only play at around 1 frame per second and I don't hear any sound.

Restarting the computer fixes this problem for a time, but the problem always manages to re-surface.

How do I fix this problem for good?

stebbinsd

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Best answers

How do you know that would fix the problem?

Honestly, I was hoping to get some tips on how to diagnose the source of the problem, e.g. some log or command prompt or something I can look at to get a more accurate diagnosis than just describing the symptoms.

I would honestly prefer to get this right the first time. I don't want to have to constantly do trial and error until I find something that fixes the problem. I already said that I have a means of fixing the problem temporarily.

keith12

Splendid
Aug 8, 2008
Best answers
Well, having experienced similar issues myself in times past, and having read what you described, that is my advice. It could potentially be a hardware issue (although i doubt that) It is most likely a software issue.

The answer I gave will take you all of about 5 minutes to implement. If you wish to understand further why codecs have problems or sometimes stop working, then have a look on google. There is a lot of info there, and simply too much for me to relay here, or for that matter to try and give you the answer that you want (and by that I mean some in-depth explanation). I'm not an expert on Codecs or their functionality.

Try the solution if you wish, or don't! It's up to you.

Edit: Unfortunately, trial and error is often the only way to figure out some issues.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS