[SOLVED] View 37 ARGB front mounting rad

Aug 6, 2020
First go at water cooling and messed up a bit. I mounted a 360 rad on the front of view 37 case, behind the 200mm argb fans. I thought this would be enough to cool it but now realise I need fans connected to the radiator directly. I’m thinking of putting a set of fans between the 200mm and the radiator. I could remove the 200mm fans but they look nice. Also could use the forward facing radiator position, but would be very tight against the eatx board. So I suppose the question is.. is a push push configuration a bad idea?

Solution
It’s a custom loop. So what your saying would still be push push just with matched fans.
The other idea I had was just do away with the 200s and have 3 120mm ARGB on the inside against the RAD. Feels a cleaner way to do it but may not look quite as nice
Push-pull... or maybe it's pull-pull? IDK, that gets confusing for me...
[monologue]The front fans are pulling air through the side inlets, so that makes them pull, right? And the fans behind the rad are also pulling air through the rad, so that makes them pull, too...
But the front fans are also pushing air through the rad, so isn't it pull-push-pull? o_O[end monologue]

Just pulling through both the rad and the chassis can work too, but do you know the best kind of fans for the rad...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You're going to have to do away with the 200mm fans. They just aren't practical for front intake unless the panel is open mesh, or as chassis exhaust.
With that glass panel and those little gaps on the side, plus the awful static pressure of the 200mm fans... they hardly bring in any air.

Replace them with either the 120/140mm RGB/ARGB 3 pack fans from Thermaltake, and 3 more 120mm for the radiator... wait, that 360 rad is from a custom loop, or an AIO/CLC?

Reactions: Redredleopard
Aug 6, 2020
You're going to have to do away with the 200mm fans. They just aren't practical for front intake unless the panel is open mesh, or as chassis exhaust.
With that glass panel and those little gaps on the side, plus the awful static pressure of the 200mm fans... they hardly bring in any air.

Replace them with either the 120/140mm RGB/ARGB 3 pack fans from Thermaltake, and 3 more 120mm for the radiator... wait, that 360 rad is from a custom loop, or an AIO/CLC?

It’s a custom loop. So what your saying would still be push push just with matched fans.
The other idea I had was just do away with the 200s and have 3 120mm ARGB on the inside against the RAD. Feels a cleaner way to do it but may not look quite as nice

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
[monologue]The front fans are pulling air through the side inlets, so that makes them pull, right? And the fans behind the rad are also pulling air through the rad, so that makes them pull, too...
But the front fans are also pushing air through the rad, so isn't it pull-push-pull? o_O[end monologue]

Just pulling through both the rad and the chassis can work too, but do you know the best kind of fans for the rad you're currently using?

Solution
Aug 6, 2020

Just pulling through both the rad and the chassis can work too, but do you know the best kind of fans for the rad you're currently using?

Ive ordered some noctura 1700rpm fans, not RGB and the easiest way to fit given the layout and fittings (rad mounted res) I have would be pushing air through the rad.
From what you said it sounds like the 200mm could be a problem. I may as well fit the noctura fans and test cooling with and without the 200mm on. If it’s still bad then do what you said with 3 120 RGB fans on the outside.