[SOLVED] View 3D Blu-ray discs with PS4 and Asus monitor ?

Nov 10, 2021
Hi

I want to be able to play my 3D Blu-ray discs. I know that its now possible to do so on the PS4 and I was wondering if anyone knows whether this Asus Monitor (VG248QE) would be compatible and allow me to do so? Could I then use regular 3D cinema glasses to view or would I need something specific? Also is there any other hardware I would need?

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you scroll down to the bottom of this product page, you'll see the following;
Uncompromised 3D immersion
The VG248QE is compatible with the NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2 kit**. Through NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2 glasses technology, it instantly takes you into another dimension - transforming all your gaming experiences and movies to 3D. Also with the latest NVIDIA® 3D LightBoost™ Technology, user can enjoy twice the brightness of conventional 3D technology in 3D mode with zero increase in total energy consumption.

** User needs to purchase the additional NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2 Kit for immersive 3D enjoyment. For more information, please find http://store.nvidia.com/
** GeForce Game Ready...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you scroll down to the bottom of this product page, you'll see the following;
Uncompromised 3D immersion
The VG248QE is compatible with the NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2 kit**. Through NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ 2 glasses technology, it instantly takes you into another dimension - transforming all your gaming experiences and movies to 3D. Also with the latest NVIDIA® 3D LightBoost™ Technology, user can enjoy twice the brightness of conventional 3D technology in 3D mode with zero increase in total energy consumption.

** User needs to purchase the additional NVIDIA 3D Vision® 2 Kit for immersive 3D enjoyment. For more information, please find http://store.nvidia.com/
** GeForce Game Ready Drivers will no longer support NVIDIA 3D Vision from Release 418 in April 2019, (read more from the following link:https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4781 )

The answer to your question with 3D is no, it's not happening, not without 2019 drivers, not without a PC and not without Nvidia's 3D glasses. You're on a PS4, so 2 of those conditions are ruled out. The third is pointless since they might go for a pretty penny now or worse, they are in horrible condition second hand.

Solution
Nov 10, 2021
Hi Lutfij

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I also have a PC with a GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card so I guess it would probs work on that (I was hoping for a 3d monitor that would work with both!) Although I dont really want to invest in a 3d monitor for the pc when they wont be supporting the 3d vision component that makes it all come together!

I feel like I've been running around in circles trying to figure out what I need. I mostly want to be able to view my 3d blue ray movies, maybe play some 3d games down the line and I also create 3d content in graphics programs so thought it might be fun to see it in 3d.

Any ideas where I could start looking for the best 3d monitor in the £200- £400ish price range that might work with my PC and Nvidia graphics card? Every time I think I get somewhere the tech is outdated or the model I decide on is no longer in stock etc...Any leads would be appreciated!

-buddhanature28