Viewsonic drivers not working

shaqblogs2011

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I am trying to install 32 bit drivers for Viewsonix VX1945WM-3. It is an old monitor purchased before WIn7 was out.

I searched around and found this,
http://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=418080457082113187e4011888e

But when I install it, i get a message that the monitor was not found and I should try installing the unsigned version. I could not find the unsigned version.

I have connected using VGA since MB has only VGA out.

Viewsonic only have Windows XP drivers for that model, so the "so called" Windows 7 driver you downloaded from a third-party website is obviously bogus because if Viewsonic don't have a Windows 7 driver for it, where do you suppose DriversCollection.com managed to get one? It cannot be. It will be for Windows XP.

Your monitor will still be fully functional without a driver since a monitor doesn't need a driver for Windows to recognise it. In that sense it's not really a "driver" at all, it just tells Device Manager what model it is and what it's capabilities are.

Millions of people around the world are using a monitor with no "driver" installed.

shaqblogs2011

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Sure the monitor does function.
But the aspect ratio is crazy, unless i set the resolution very high. If resolution is very high, everything becomes way too small. Also the display looked a lot better earlier in terms of colors and clarity (i faced this issue before in XP, and when i set resolution to native resolution of monitor it turned out well). So i definitely need a driver.
i guess my only option now is get a cheap card < 50$ if available.