ViewSonic Intros VX52 Monitor Series for Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaoss

Honorable
May 3, 2013
What's happened to Toms Hardware? Absolutely nothing is new or cutting edge about this monitor, it's a TN panel, it's 1080p and 23 inch, just like the thousands of others exactly like it.

Come on Tom sort yourself out and post about new cutting edge hardware!

Caeric

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
The more appropriate question, Chaoss, is "What has happened to ViewSonic?" They are the company introducing this "new" series with absolutely nothing truly new about it.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
My SyncMaster P2770HD worth every penny, Absolutely no screen tearing. I freaking hate screen tearing! Something in all the SyncMaster series stops tearing, no matter what the specs say about refresh. Very high quality.

thebigbug

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
But no 120hz? I agree with dimar. After experiencing 120hz lightboost (backlight strobing in-sync w/ refresh rate for motion clarity), it's impossible for me to go back to 60hz. You just miss a lot... It's easier to see everything and everything is just overall more smooth. I've got the VG248QE. Before this, I had 3 screen eyefinity, 1280x1024 screens. Even that's a new experience in itself. At first, you notice the bezels, but it goes away after a time, and the game becomes much more immersive as your peripherals are being shown ingame. Now if only I could combine the two without resorting to selling my car...

I need a 30 inch 1440p. HD can't cut it anymore and 24 inch screens are too small. 27+ inches with 1440p market is opening up. If they were smart they would push that and become reputable for nice quality and next gen monitors.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Gamers have for nearly 2 decades now constantly demanded the state of the art... and have pushed hardware to meet their demanding requirements. NO 1080p panel on the market today (and no panel under 27") IMO deserves the "Gaming" title... 27"/1440p is the minimum demanding gamers will want... and I personally would like to see 4k hit the mainstream a lot quicker than it's progressing. 17" laptops are getting 2550 horizontal for productivity apps and we're expected to be happy with 23"/1080p on high performance desktops for demanding graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.