Question Viewsonic monitor ( VX2880ml )sudden problem

Jun 11, 2019
Hello - new to the forums.

I recently bought a Viewsonic vx2880 ml monitor privately.( advertised as working and in good order )

It worked well for about ten days, but has now hit a problem
My son was playing a game when the computer crashed - this is not uncommon, as my hardware is struggling to keep up with current game demands.
Thought nothing of this and rebooted.
It was a bit strange when the pre crash image image stayed on the screen even after powering down the computer?

Anyway, switched the monitor off and on again, but this time the blue power light came on ( as well as the backlight) , but no picture.
Checked and rechecked HDMI leads. Swapped computers. No change.
It seems I cannot power the monitor off via the power button anymore , and there is no response from any of the monitor buttons,
I guessed things had locked up for some reason and I needed to 'reset' the monitor.
However , this monitor has touch sensitive buttons, and I cannot find any information ( or button combination ) on how to reset it?
I unplugged the power. ( it is fed 20v dc via a power brick), and let it discharge overnight, but sadly, as before, it powers on with the blue light on, but, it cannot be switched off using the same button, and does not respond to any other buttons?

If there are any people here with with any experience of this, then I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance

pootler

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Sorry to say this sounds a lot like the monitor is completely dead. If it held an image after shutting off the computer entirely and now it's unresponsive to button presses I'd assume that it is unlikely that it is repairable. If possible try the displayport connector instead of HDMI on the back of the monitor, but if it is like you say and will not turn on at all it's most likely dead.

Jun 11, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry - but what constitutes 'unrepairable' - do you mean it is not worth repairing, or do you mean it cannot be repaired :)

BTW I tried connecting again, and my laptop recognised a second display attached, but nothing else?

I am also surprised there isn't a reset button hidden somewhere

Once again thanks for the advice

KEith

Oct 1, 2019
Hello - new to the forums.

I recently bought a Viewsonic vx2880 ml monitor privately.( advertised as working and in good order )

It worked well for about ten days, but has now hit a problem
My son was playing a game when the computer crashed - this is not uncommon, as my hardware is struggling to keep up with current game demands.
Thought nothing of this and rebooted.
It was a bit strange when the pre crash image image stayed on the screen even after powering down the computer?

Anyway, switched the monitor off and on again, but this time the blue power light came on ( as well as the backlight) , but no picture.
Checked and rechecked HDMI leads. Swapped computers. No change.
It seems I cannot power the monitor off via the power button anymore , and there is no response from any of the monitor buttons,
I guessed things had locked up for some reason and I needed to 'reset' the monitor.
However , this monitor has touch sensitive buttons, and I cannot find any information ( or button combination ) on how to reset it?
I unplugged the power. ( it is fed 20v dc via a power brick), and let it discharge overnight, but sadly, as before, it powers on with the blue light on, but, it cannot be switched off using the same button, and does not respond to any other buttons?

If there are any people here with with any experience of this, then I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance

pootler
same happened to me, just now... you got any fix? or is a trow away?